Other Preservation Crew: Please Don't Use The Wrong Platform Departure Boards On More German Routes

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Task, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Hi TrainSim-Adam this is a new thread for you and your team.

In your upgrades to Rapid Transit and Main Spessart Bahn you sadly messed something up with the small one-line platform departure boards. As you now add the boards to all the remaining German routes I wanted to make sure you don't repeat that mistake. Ideally this would be "fixed" on RT and MSB too.

So the small one-line displays you placed on the two routes look like this:
    upload_2021-10-12_22-56-57.png

You may already realize they look a little off. What seems to happen here is that the same information that usually is on the bigger two-line displays is displayed here on the one-liner. This results in everything looking pretty squished together and it's far away from reality.

The non upgraded routes all have the correct small displays. They cycle between the first (next train and platform number) and the second line (following trains). In reality the second line with the following trains isn't shown on the smaller displays at all. They only show the first line with the next train, the platform number and the intermediate stops. But it would already be enough for me when you would just use the script (or whatever needs to be changed for them to work properly) from the non upgraded routes that were already released with the platform departure boards (München - Augsburg, Hamburg - Lübeck, Dresden - Riesa).

Here is how they look on those routes and what I hope they look like on all the other routes you upgrade with the displays.

upload_2021-10-12_23-5-20.png

upload_2021-10-12_23-5-32.png

I really hope you can change this for the routes you are now working on as that really makes me slightly angry whenever I see it and it just looks off.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. Task

Task Well-Known Member

But besides that issue you did very good work on the Platform Departure Boards for the routes you upgraded in my opinion. Something that stands out are all the intermediate stops off the map you added to the PIS. This really increases immersion and always makes me want to spot all the displays and look where all those services go after they leave the map when I play those routes. This is especially nice on East Coastway and Rapid Transit. It would be a shame when this extra information in the timetable won't be left out in your future upgrades when you want to finish the PIS as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I completely agree with both of these points. The small PIS being set up incorrectly can get very annoying after a while and given that we do have the correct setup in the game it would be nice to see that be brought over to the preserved routes.
    And the off world intermediate stops on the PIS was a very welcome addition when it was added for RT and brought back for ECW as it really brings to PIS to life and, as Task said, makes me want to look at the PIS to see where the train will be going after it leaves the map. So I would just like to stress how important it is that you continue to add all of the off world intermediate stations to the service mode despite having to implement PIS on a large amount of routes at once now. I appreciate that this would be a large amount of work but all routes would benefit from this, but especially busy mainlines like HRR and SKA where there would be a large amount of variety in the PIS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1