Preserved Collection, Can People Clarify For Me?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Princess Entrapta, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

So I saw several routes I was interested in for TSW2 (Transpennine, Peninsula, Ruhr-Sieg Nord, Long Island) are included in the TSW2020 preserved collection, and are also all included as a bundle with the TSW2020 collector's edition.

As I understand, if I purchase the CE of TSW2020, this would grant me the ability to just download all these routes direct to TSW2, right? Instead of needing to purchase them all individually?

If so, would they show up immediately in my TSW2 install manager as my account would have the licenses, or would I need to install them for TSW2020 first?

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If you buy TSW 2, buying any of the ‘Preserved Collection’ routes on the store will make these routes immediately available to you in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Princess Entrapta

Okay, so as soon as I purchase the CE of TSW2020, the included routes with that which appear in the preserved collection should all be downloadable for TSW2 without needing to install TSW2020 first? Good to know.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They should be, yes. You don’t need TSW 2020 installed for the preserved collection to work with TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

This is exactly what I did last year, I bought TS2020 collectors edition.

I didn’t download the game.

The extra maps turned up in TSW2

This feature doesn’t work unless you purchase TSW2020, just owning a licence to play it (like having game pass) won’t work.

Enjoy

6. Princess Entrapta

This is fine, I don't do Game Pass. I just buy games. Thanks everyone for the clarifications!

7. Princess Entrapta

I have them all installing now :3

• Like Like x 1
  8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

If you have TSW and not many route addons. I recommend purchase TSW collectors edition on offer. Then when/have TSW2 you can then download those preserved collection routes.

They would appear within TSW2.
    My games and apps >> Press start button on TSW2 >> Manage game and add-ons >> select TSW2 >> Displays addons you can then install.

9. Princess Entrapta

Yeah, I already had TSW2, but didn't have TSW2020, and saw that multiple routes I wanted for TSW2 were in the CE, and it was a far better option for getting them all than purchasing them individually. As soon as I completed the purchase they all appeared in the "Manage Addons" list in the Xbox dashboard for TSW2.

• Like Like x 2