Preserved Collections - Not So Preserved After All?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Aug 26, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Haven't seen much reaction to the (good) bombshell news in the latest stream where we met Adam who has a new job leading a small team to improve the preserved collections. Great that he also slipped out that it would be easy to have passenger screens on stations even though it wasn't on the roadmap(yet).
    Quite rightly Sam pointed out fixing the bugs on Miles Platting, Cement Circle and Peninsular Corridor should be first priority.
    Will the preserved collection updates only be on TSW2? It seemed like a big uturn when we were told very recently that "preserved means preserved" and that no work will be made in old DLCs other than getting them oven ready for TSW2.
    Does seem a remarkable change at DTG and a good result of customer power!
    Perhaps in TSW2 I will be finally arrive at Manchester station after all without disappearing in a black hole after Miles Platting...

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think they’ve realised the preserved collections still need love. Just because they happened to come out before TSW 2 shouldn’t mean they’re abandoned. What improvements are made very much remains to be seen, but the company does seem to want to do better for its customers and that can only be a positive thing.

We are all passionate about trains or we wouldn’t be here and all our feedback, however harsh in some cases is only because we have that passion. If we didn’t care less we wouldn’t give any feedback whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I'm glad some improvements are going to be made but ultimately fixing some of the issues should take high priority. Then I'd like to see consistently across all routes. Working destination boards, working PIS on trains...so hopefully Rapid Transit's Talent 2 will have a destination display that is functional.

• Like Like x 2