PC Price Increase?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Sep 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I can't debate with some one so knowledgeable as a guy who thinks that as UK citizen I have higher medical insurance then they do, sorry, I bow to your superior knowledge as it's clear you know everything about everything.

• Like Like x 5
  2. redrev1917

[Removed - Alex - Too Political for a TSW forum debate]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

TBH I don't think this is intentional. I think that DTG either doesn't care or doesn't have the ability/resources to try and fix an appropriate currency conversion for every country. How many customers do they have from your part of the world versus other countries? They only have so many people and they may have to make a sacrifice based on what they're able to do. I don't think they're doing anything out of malice based on where people live. After all, I know Indians who have USD and American addresses to leverage, Americans who have GBP and British addresses, etc. It's nothing personal, I'm sure.

When both sides hate you, that's often a good sign that you're a principled man.

As you already allude to in your first paragraph, and as OldVern has made many good points about, inflation doesn't affect entertainment products as harshly. The very nature of them being a luxury good means they have to compete that much harder given the inflationary impact on the basic necessities. ATS is going for $5 - I've never seen a quality video game cost so little.
    Spoken like a true patriot and like someone who knows how to lead a balanced and happy life! o7

That's a red herring. It has nothing to do with whether or not the currency conversion scheme is justified. In fact, if I were an Indian patriot, here's how that criticism would come across. (Please allow me what I admit is an extremely generous indulgence, it's not meant to be offensive in any way...it's my attempt to try and look at an issue through someone else's perspective.):

"A Westerner is deflecting accusations of price-gouging against my countrymen by our former oppressors. He does this by criticizing us for a perceived failing that is in no way related to the topic at hand. He is doing so with the assumption that the values of elite Western globalists are our values, and uses the mouthpiece of the Western elite establishment in my country as his 'evidence'."

That's one way I could see someone responding. Nothing personal and I am in no way accusing anyone of acting in bad faith. I respect all the people I quoted!

• Like Like x 2
  4. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The secret is to figure out a way to pay for the DLC in Indian Rupees from the UK.

It's half the cost of £29.99 if you do the exchange rate from the price of 1600INR.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

You should've quoted 'The Onion' instead, I would've taken it more seriously.
    And sincerely I want you to believe that 70% of us don't have basic healthcare.

Delusions like that ended the British Empire.
    In fact, please let me know what else you know about us.

You made my day gentleman, I'm not angry. With all seriousness, I would really like to know more about your perception of us !
    ( somewhere more appropriate than DTG forum )

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shackamaxon

Agree, with you. It's not intentional. But when you are running a business that caters to an international audience, decisions should be made by understanding everyone's perception.

I know a few people ( and a few 'groups' of people ) to whom it doesn't apply.

I'll take the compliment, I know how to lead a balanced & happy life.

When your fellow human beings fail to understand you, it's better to take a step back and re-evaluate your position.

Thank you for that.
    The only thing concerning with the gentleman's argument was that he took an 'economic example' and twisted it into an entirely off-topic post.

Apart from that, I'm not surprised he came up with a random article on the internet to defend his stance.

We often make fun of ( North American & European ) foreigners and tourists ( in a gentle way ) about how little they know about us.
    We detonated a nuke on the very day when an American delegation was sitting in New Delhi to ensure that it doesn't happen. We've transported rocket parts on horseback and supercomputer modules in lunch boxes.

No issues if people fail to understand all of that. Doesn't matter how they perceive us.

Not a big problem if Steam / DTG quotes prices in an unfair manner. I was doing them a favor, we're a big enough market ( and so does many other countries ) that can't be ignored for long.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. redrev1917

[Removed - Alex - Too Political for Forums]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2022
  8. Shackamaxon

Gentleman, something is wrong with your healthcare system if you are consistently pushing subjective arguments about medical accessibility on a social forum about the prices of a videogame. ( At 06.25 in the morning, in your local time )

Quite frankly, I don't want a British guy lecturing me about my own country.

• Like Like x 2
  9. redrev1917

You are the one who brought the subject up, not I.
    You was the one who started lecturing me on my country was so bad and how expensive the UK is, including how health care. Don't you remember? If you don't like to be on the recieving end don't start dishing it out yourself, kind sir.

I actually love India and spent many months over there and plan to return, my last trip was cancelled due to COVID sadly, and you re certainly no representive of your country folk

10. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

All this debate for a difference of £5 or so. If you cant afford it right now, don't buy it. You always have a choice. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. I quite enjoy this game, I have racked up many hours and am happy to pay for routes and add-ons that I want. I also own a business, costs are rising in all directions, so it's normal that some of this is passed on to the customer.

11. Shackamaxon

Slight correction, I bought up the subject of a steep price rise.

I was just explaining how different entities perceive different value in different countries
    No part of this post says British healthcare is bad.

You have no authority to determine that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Most of this thread isn’t about £5. If you convert the price to UKP, I’m being asked to pay £15 extra in my country and it was already slightly more expensive than the UK price.

I have no objection to a £5 increase. Everything is going up in price.

• Like Like x 3
  13. redrev1917

I have no authority to determine in my opinion that most Indians I've met are decent and nice people and that your entitled not? Fair enough I will immediately change my opinion on some of my favourite people and travel buds then.

14. Shackamaxon

Fine Sir, Let's sign a truce.
    Neither of us will quote each other's post from here onwards
    Deal ?

15. Shackamaxon

For the ( 'don't know how many times' )th time, Yes. The point I'm pushing for.
    ( I promise not to get into any controversial threads on this forum anymore. Will stick with trains only. )

16. redrev1917

I'd rather be able to debate an issue with someone rather than just ignore them personally.

17. Shackamaxon

Not ignoring you gentleman.
    Just that it's kind-of futile to debate about a policy, where neither of the debating parties is responsible for the decision-making.

18. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I think the main objection was less seeing you as claiming the healthcare system here is bad, and more amusement at the original suggestion anyone in the UK would have problems with hospital bills when healthcare is free in this country, so we don't pay any kind of bills for it. We just get it as a basic right.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shackamaxon

My apologies there. I thought NHS was an American organization.

20. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So, Xbox version is out and the price is far more reasonable than on Steam (37.80 CHF (with Gamepass) instead of 44.50 CHF on steam). Previous routes were between 31.50 CHF and 34 CHF. With gamepass

So that is reasonable for me, I’ll get it for XBox. Still think the Steam pricing is way out though.

21. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

£26.99 on xbox with the GP discount, plus I have a fiver on MS rewards, so I got it for £21.99

• Like Like x 1
  22. Glazier

Glazier Member

Well, for me it was $7.99 and Texas is $10.99. DTG addons were $14.49 and now are $18.49. Psychological difference is huge here :).
    It is still almost OK for me, but nearing the price of some AAA games in the region...

23. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

16687109256277009450662567582675.jpg I thought there was a price increase.

On Xbox in Canada the routes used to be $39.99.

Now they are less.

Here is Clinchfield which you can see is $39.99 before the gamepass discount.

16687109256277009450662567582675.jpg 20221117_115519.jpg

24. Shackamaxon

1.JPG
    Unfair price, too much for this DLC

Capture.JPG
    Fair price, I love DTG

The song of Ice & Fire...

25. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

So wait a minute...in Canada, a new DLC costs less than a legacy DLC? And in India a new route combined with the new base game costs less than the new route by itself?

How strange.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The price increases were only on Steam I do not think other platforms were affected.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Shackamaxon

On Epic

28. Shackamaxon

Exactly

29. Deebz__

Deebz__ Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That's why it's sitting in my wishlist waiting for a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Michael Newbury

I am doing the same putting it on my wishlist for when it will be a little more affordable.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm doing the same thing, at least for a while until some of the bugs mentioned are fixed. If they're not, I'll wait for a sale next year.

Sounds like the route is very quiet, both with lack of trains and people. Whatever happened to the Rush Hour improvements?

Despite what they have said in the past, such a hefty price increase should mean a discernable increase in quality.

I'll look forward with anticipation to the upcoming North American content. That's where my money will be going next.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  33. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Must admit, almost as I expected, now engrossed in the TSC Taurus Mountain route and BCC gone on the back burner - decided to refund. At least Taurus only cost £24.99 and apart from a couple of minor things looks to be a beautiful piece of work.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Michael Newbury

The route does seem to be low in AI traffic from what I also have seen in peoples videos, could be improved to increase AI traffic.

In the videos that I have seen it appears to be hit and miss in regards to passengers on the platforms.

I am also looking forward to the next North American route as well.

• Like Like x 2
  35. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

In terms of trains, there aren't any trains in game that would run on the route. Every route can't be made like rush hour. In terms of passengers, well idk since dtg tend to leave improvements out for various reasons. Memory issues on bml so no rush hour passengers. Sos doesn't have any since it would be unrealistic.

36. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it is light on traffic the Cross City service pre-pandemic when the timetable was set is fairly intensive.

37. Michael Newbury

Not being able to afford the route myself due to the steep price increase and my situation at the beginning of the month. I am going by what I have seen in other live streams.

38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, last year I thought Rush Hour traffic and passengers were " the wave of the future "
    Now I realize that " Rush Hour " is a thing of the past.

Sorry, but sometimes your posts test my comprehension.

Every commuter route should be like Rush Hour. That was the expectation.

Why would it be unrealistic to have rush hour passengers on SOS?

What do you mean by " for various reasons "?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  39. rennekton#1349

During one of the livestreams by dtg for sos, it was mentioned how the rush hour volume would not have been appropriate for the time period or something along the lines of that. Various reasons being the ones I listed below that sentence. Bml didn't release with rush hour passenger volumes cuz of lack of memory. That's 1 reason. But there must be readons why things are left out in some dlc and why some are not.

40. PseudoStalker

PseudoStalker Well-Known Member

Meanwhile on Steam

41. JustEric02

JustEric02 New Member

DTG JD Hello maybe im late to the party, im really confused by the price incresse here.

How a dlc can cost nearly double the price of TSW3 that is 279nok (norwegian). The new DLC cost 445nok alone but i can get a bundle with another copy of TSW with the route if i wish. How does that make any sence? And if you think 445nok is nothing in Norway trust me it is, i never seen DLC be so expenisive before, but maybe im getting some special editon here.

Sorry for the tag :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  42. rennekton#1349

It's more expensive cuz the conversion rates recently changed on steam and dtg are going with whatever is recommended.

43. Shackamaxon

If you think that is insane, just compare the price difference for BCC between Steam and Epic Games store....
    You'll begin to see the abyss from where this problem originates.
    Long story short, everyone outside the UK and playing on Steam has to pay a ridiculous amount for BCC.

Reason - Well, I'll encourage you to explore the forums a bit. Don't want to start another 'world war' here.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  44. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They don't have the authority but they aren't wrong. You don't represent your entire country when you speak.

45. Shackamaxon

I never claimed that I do...

46. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

yet you seem to be speaking as if on behalf of your people?

47. Shackamaxon

That's your perception, gentleman.
    My apologies that I can't help you with it...

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Shackamaxon

I suppose you're asking the wrong people, gentleman !
    I'll be happy to help, if you have any locomotives on your purchase list...

49. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I'm closing the thread as this has gone too far.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.