Problems With Bro Scenario: Stuck In The Middle With Hude

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OnlyMe1909, Dec 19, 2022.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I’m having trouble with this scenario. Always when I reconnect the loco after the run-around, I lose all function of the train brake. I only have the direct brake…. I don’t know why…. Anyone else having this problem?

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have just encountered the same issue. All you can get is a minimum brake application which is 0.7 on the loco brakes and 4.7 on the train brake. I have tried going back to the (now) rear cab to cycle the systems again but even after keying everything out at the front and switching in the back cab, you can't select either the brake key or the train brake handle.

Seems the scenario is missing a step as to how you should leave the brake when shutting down the cab.

Also, frankly, I don't know why the author insisted on three changes of end (Oldenburg North, Oldenburg South after the run round then back in the station after coupling to the stock). Should have made do with one, less chance of messing up the cabs.

Now I'm having to finish the run doing no more than 75 km/h and start braking about 1.5km out.

Whether this gets sorted... seems unlikely. The whole route seems to have leapt off the DTG flywheel into the fire and forget pile, still has massive issues with road vehicles ignoring closed level crossings.

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Maik from tsg explained it but here's what you do. Don't follow the prompts it gives you cuz it is actually not the right way to do it

Follow these steps:
    - Reverser off
    - Reverser out
    - Train brake full service-
    - wait until cylinder pressure is up at 3.5BAR
    - Train brake off (be sure there is some pressure left in the cylinders, otherwise repeat the steps with the brake lever)
    - Brake key off
    - Direct brake release
    - change cab

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OldVern

I read that but the point is, the scenario needs fixing so it does guide players through the correct sequence. Don’t misunderstand, I enjoy and appreciate the more procedural aspects of complex add ons but not everyone does or is playing to “get technical”.

• Like Like x 1
  5. laurie

laurie New Member

I tried this several times, with minor modifications, but to no avail. If I move the cursor over the brake key before I touch the driver’s brake, I can adjust it. If I set the driver’s brake to full, then I can’t change the brake key. (PS5)
    Oh well
    Laurie

6. OldVern

This scenario is a bit bugged, well either that or the full instructions for changing ends are not given then once you have changed ends for the final time the controls in the (now) rear cab are locked out permanently. I was able to complete the scenario but had to drive at reduced speed all the way back to Bremen as all I had was minimum brake.

Basically as posted above!

However I suspect this route and it’s problems is yet another that has fallen off DTG’s radar as regards fixing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023