Proper Diesel Exhaust Simulation With Various Colors For The Fumes For It's State At The Time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

A very key feature for TSW that is now missing for since it came out is showing visually what state the engine is at the present time according to the fume color, thickness and clarity. It's really bad if you look at it now, there mostly white fumes with pretty much all diesel engines, but a bit of dark fumes for the older style ones but it dose not really tell us much about how hard the engine is working, weather you are burning oil excessively which then leads to blue smoke, etc. I know it's going to be alot of work to get this achieved but we're way behind. I think this is called real time dynamic particle option

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Sometimes, Gabe, I think they should hire you at DTG. It are those little things that make the game great.

In MudRunner (a completely different game) it is already that, when the engine is under pressure, the color will change gradually from white/grey to black. I don't think this will be even too hard to make, but will be a real game changer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This would be very easy to do. It's maybe two lines of code, and/or a box in a flowchart, to include a variable for colour that is modified by the variable for engine output. You then change the colour of the particles, or have a texture around them that does the same modification.

You have to think of it first, of course.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Have you noticed that if you throttle up quickly, that the exhaust does go black for a little bit, before returning to white? That happens irl.

5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This is what Gabe is suggesting. Have you seen this in TSW? I can't remember seeing it in TSW, but you could be right. Can you sort out a couple of screenshots and post them here?

I am fairly sure that the AP Class 37 on TS2020 has a very good simulation of diesel exhaust - although not to the point of getting super colour rainbow effects through sun-light (which sometimes happens IRL... ).