Proposal Birmingham New St

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ian1991, Sep 21, 2017.

?
  1. Yes!!!

48.0%
  2. Not bothered

10.0%
  3. London

46.0%
  4. Scotland

14.0%
  5. Bristol/cardiff

16.0%
  6. Liverpool/manchester

26.0%
  7. Wales

14.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone love the new platform and GWE.

Looking into the future at UK maps and what is already available, there is NO DLC including birmingham new st (grand central). I find this pretty annoying not just because I live here but if you look at london most stations are an end point....grand central is a hub for all UK main services and the options are endless!

Birmingham-london euston
    Birmingham- manchester
    Birmingham-liverpool
    Birmingham-glasgow/bournemouth/reading/ and up to 25 other cities there is more major cities connecting straight through birmingham than any other station!

So my proposal is i would like to see the Birmingham-London euston service which is currently operated by virgin trains and london midland, however just to get this iconic station in the train sim world would be amazing and open up so many avenues for future DLC and creations if an editor is available in the future!

Please share your thoughts below :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Yes I would like to see it, and with home bias and looking at route length from GWE, I'd like to propose the Cross - City line from Redditch to Lichfield Trent Valley. The Class 323 is a superb inter-urban unit, a proper game changer performance wise and the route is intense and you get to see a lot of passing traffic between Barnt Green and Aston as well, so there's scope for some variety in 'Services mode' even if it isn't realistic to take a Walsall service over at Aston, but it would allow you to work the soon-to-be services to/from Bromsgrove as far as Redditch as well. If you were being prototypical to running you could only take the 170/153 services between New Street and University, unless they also included the fabulous and daunting Lickey Incline to allow for some freight challenges as far as Kings Norton as well.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 37114

37114 Active Member

Personally I'd like to see New Street in it's old form set in the 70's, 80's, 90's. Always thought a Birmingham to the Black Country route would be nice. New Street - Wolves via the Stour Valley and also via Bescot and the extension to Walsall. Huge variety of traction in those eras too.

4. Its_Chris_2003

Its_Chris_2003 New Member

Personally, I think TS should get the route from London to Birmingham aswell as the chase line (BHM to Walsall) and the snow hill line (BHM Snow Hill - Worcester forgate street, I suggested it to JT for a Chiltern mainline extension, but they turned it down). And finally the cross city line. A couple of these have already been made but tbh they could be better and I'm curious to see how DTG model it. You'd be lucky to get BHM to London Euston. It would probably be BHM to Wolverhampton or BHM to BHM international (something around that length). We don't have a 323 in TS either so I think TS should get a bit more priority but I'm open to other opinions on that.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

The Cross-City Line would be amazing. Just to pass through New Street would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Birmingham to Euston with Virgin trains would be great. A scenic route from New Street out to Hereford on West Midlands Trains would be nice too - from the city stations, out to the rolling Worcestershire countryside around Malvern.

Edit to add: I've outlined a suggestion of a route here.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

London to Milton Keynes
    And then a New Street extension
    Because London to Birmingham is like 100 miles
    London to Milton Keynes is 47 miles
    So if they were to do an extension it would be 53 miles more

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1