Ps5 Dlc Limitation Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DigiTMCN, Jun 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Just curious how far away is the PS5 update to fix the DLC limitation? I understand it's a massive job but still just wondering since I haven't the time to watch livestreams thus not in the loop. It's actually going to be exciting to have everything installed in which I can select any route pending on my mood.

Also does anyone have a table of sorts that outlines which layers are used for which routes? Currently since I have to delete DLC to play certain things due to the limitation, it's getting hard to figure out what to keep to keep certain layers intact.

2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...as already said in the roadmap livestreams, there is a new tool in development. It's a content or DLC managing tool, which allows the console to load only the content needed for running a selected route or even a self-made scenario. This tool was originally planned to solve the PS5 64GB DLC limit, but is now in development for all systems, also for Xbox and PC. If the tesing phase goes as planned, maybe we'll see it as a part of a big core update later this year. That means for PS5 players, that they can download all their DLCs and didn't have to observe the 64 GB limit anymore. Also 8th gen players will be benefit from it, because their 8GB RAM is relieved. That's all I can tell for the moment. Hope it's useful information.

• Like Like x 1