Pzb Enigma

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, May 18, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Today I started to think about it. I hit an active 1000Hz magnet, the indicator light goes ON.
    The next main signal in front of me changes to Clear, deactivating the magnets in this block.

What does an indicator light in the cabin do?

I know, sometimes it goes OFF, but what is it telling the indicator light to go OFF?
    Driving over an "inactive" magnet?
    Do they go OFF after a while if there is no further activation?

I ask about IRL vs TSW :)

2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The train doesn't know that the signal has changed to clear in front of you. The yellow light indicates that you are still monitored and you need to keep below the 1000 Hz braking curve if you do not want an emergency brake application.

The yellow 1000Hz light goes off when PZB has detected that the train has traveled 700m and you can now press the "PZB release" button (since the next signal is clear) to be able to go back to max line speed. Keep in mind that PZB will still be watching until the train travels a total of 1250m. If you "release" and you go over another active magnet before you travel the required 1250m PZB will know that you did not follow the rules and activate the emergency brake to make sure you will not overrun a red signal.

No. PZB can not detect if you go over inactive magnets.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Thank You, Inkar \o/ I am happy now :)

• Like Like x 1