Pzb Tutorial Video

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Mattty May, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The PZB/LZB/SIFA/AFB Tutorial Stream by TrainSim-Matt tonight was very good. It could perhaps have been better to show each function separately in the demonstration (as recommended by Matt at the start of the video) so you could focus on one thing at a time. As someone getting better at PZB and knowing how to use SIFA/AFB, the video didn’t overwhelm me, but it might’ve overwhelmed newcomers. That said, it was a great overview and it would have helped me immensely when I decided to learn PZB a few weeks back.

Matt did explain a quirk of PZB I was unaware of which has caused my train to stop on HRR without apparent cause. Plenty of head scratching resolved.

Thank you!

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

One of the challenges of a live demo is trying to capture the essential bits of PZB without having to drive for miles. In an ideal video i'd have a section of approaching a red light actually demonstrated but then skipping forwards the boring bits etc. There's certainly more options for a pre-recorded video rather than something live.

Glad it was useful though - I look forward to hearing feedback from others to help improve and refine these and then feed this information into pre-recorded videos that can then be more readily accessed later.

For anyone who was lost at any point, tell me where. What questions do you still have? If you have a go yourself now, and it goes wrong - what happened (share a recorded video perhaps) and I can either highlight where I covered it and how it relates to your situation OR see where i've clearly missed something important.

Thanks!

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Having never tried PZB before, I feel confident enough to give it a go tomorrow. I guess this will be the true test to how much I learnt. If I have five emergency brake applications, then we all know who I'm blaming...

In all seriousness, it was a really informative session. I wish the game tutorial had a section covering these systems (and some information in the manual), as it would help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

All of the TSW1 german manuals have detailed coverage of PZB and SIFA (I wrote the first one in Ruhg Sieg Nord). Not sure on TSW2 manual yet as I haven't seen it.

Interested to hear how you get on - if you have problems, come and explain so I can see how to improve the tutorial in the future.

• Like Like x 2