1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queensland Rail Citytrain

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by 13modelco, May 5, 2019.

1. 13modelco

13modelco New Member

The name of the game is Train Sim 'World' except we have only seen German, British, and American routes; Vastly available on Train Sim 19 and kind of boring at this point.
    Before you drown your thoughts in the lack of diversity, imagine this; 1067 mm track, sweeping around hills and houses in trains that range from 40 years old to only 2 years old. Imagines battling for your position on the mostly single track mainline against privatised freight companies or trying to keep to a timetable in the congested core. Now imagine zooming past a small town, running 30 minutes late on the fastest narrow gauge train in the world.
    train_network-map_1016.gif

• Like Like x 10
  2. jarrodbennett159

jarrodbennett159 New Member

As someone from Brisbane I would LOVE for this to be added to TSW. It would be quite a lot of track though, so they would probably have to cut some of the lines. Personally I would love to see the Ipswich line services to perhaps Bowen Hills and then the Beenleigh / Gold Coast Line services to the Airport line, maybe leaving the Ferny Grove trains at Bowen Hills as well. It would allow for both high speed services from the Gold Coast as well as the local stopping Beenleigh services. As for trains I would love to see the older EMU especially for the Ipswich line and the NGR would be perfect for the Gold Coast and Beenleigh line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 13modelco

13modelco New Member

I'm from um... *mumbles under breath* Gympie, so a Queensland Rail network would be very exciting for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jarrodbennett159

That's cool, my closest station is Dinmore, but seeing any of the lines modeled would make me happy haha. I'd absolutely love to see a local railway in the sim but it's probably pretty unlikely unfortunately. Though maybe once the editor comes out someone could model the entire network, that would be fantastic because there really is quite a lot of diversity in the route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cityrail-rulez

cityrail-rulez New Member

It would be terrific to have a Queensland route, I do have a QR route for Trainz but getting all the dependencies so the route could work is just impossible there's like over 20,000 files to download "Maybe I am thinking outside the box" could be over 40,000 files LOL

For year's I have been waiting for a Queensland route in MSTS, there was one route about to be released until Steam4me crashed along with the Railpage server and this route was never released! There was another Queensland Brisbane route in the works and the sad thing is that the author Russell Beer had lost all of his hard work due to a hard drive failure!

I do have my own Queensland routes in MSTS but I have not completed them due to MSTS not being unable to work on my Windows 10 machine regardless of the specifications stated to get it working "The game specs is low" and all of these gaming components are now high specs if that makes sense "Microsoft" told me this only yesterday 4th July 2019 "AEST" and I have been unsuccessful in obtaining plan drawings and track diagrams as Queensland rail tells me "Due to their security concerns" it's the biggest load of rubbish, I said I wanted my routes set in 1960 to 1975 for my Cairns to Mareeba route and my Townsville to Cairns set in 1990 and my Blackwater route set before duplication and they weren't very helpful and I've also tried contacting ARHS QLD and they weren't helpful at all they gave the the same load of rubbish Queensland rail gave me by email "Over security" concerns

My reply to both ARHS QLD and Queensland Rail wasn't nice! I will leave it at that
    But I do hear you, it would be great to have a Queensland route! I may give it a try in TS2019 but please don't keep your hopes up! I have failed on a lot of routes for MSTS so keep that in mind! I'm also not sure if TS2019 routes would work in TSW? Would be great :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainynight65

rainynight65 Member

What's the top speed on that line? The Ipswich line tops out at 80, does the GC line go any faster than that?

7. cityrail-rulez

cityrail-rulez New Member

I am guessing that the top speed limit would also be 80 on the Gold Coast line! I have a Trainz route of the Gold Coast line "Sadly with so many missing dependencies" which is really annoying! But anyway, the route does have a top speed limit of 80 KPH

Other than that, that's the only information I can provide! If however, I could get a hold of the Gold Coast line curve & gradient diagram then it would show the top speed of the line

8. jarrodbennett159

• Like Like x 1