Query About Liveries

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Jan 9, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If one has alternate liveries installed, does TSW2 randomly "layer" them into timetable/scenario/journey/free roam sessions? Or can they only be used by specifying them?

Example: I would like more varied freight rolling stock than what the default SPG/GWE/RSB packages include. If I put, say, a repainted boxcar into the appropriate folder, will some boxcars randomly spawn in the new color?

2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I downloaded a couple of reskins for the ICE and DB442 a few months back for the Koln-Aachen route and after playing the route for hours upon hours, I'm yet to see any reskin appear as AI in timetable mode even though it says in game that reskin(s) should appear.

Only time I see said reskins in timetable mode is if I select it myself to drive.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

All right, played around with it: it seems to be hit or miss, at least in Sand Patch Grade. I now have three different boxcars and two different covered hoppers appearing routinely. OTOH, not one of my four reskinned tank cars shows up, they're all the default; and there's a covered-hopper reskin that doesn't appear (and it's bright green, so it wouldn't be easy to miss).

This is all wagons; I haven't tried a loco yet.