Question About German Signals.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by owenroser19, Apr 1, 2022.

1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I've got a specific question about PZB I'm hoping someone will be able to answer. I've been told that whenever you get a yellow and green signal you must travel at a reduced speed of 40kmh, Is this ALWAYS the case?
    For example, if I start getting adverse signals but there's no chance of it being a red signal, and I can see there's a 40kmh limit in a few kilometres, should I still slow down to 40kmh immediately or can I stay at 80kmh until I need to start braking for the 40kmh limit?

I hope that makes sense, any help would be awesome.

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Signaled speed indications override posted speed limits: if it's green/yellow, that means 40* right now, not in anticipation of a posted limit or a red (G/Y aren't actually part of the stop progression anyway, which is just 2-aspect).

*or sometimes 50 or 60 if there's an associated Zs3

3. owenroser19

Ok thanks for that info, what's a Zz3?

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

An illuminated speed limit indication, as opposed to a permanent painted-sign speed limit. Takes the form of a white-bordered triangle (the warning, Zs3(v), is a yellow triangle. These must be acknowledged if they read 80 or under).

Be advised: TSW's HUD only shows you the permanent speed limit, not signaled limits. If you are using PZB, you can definitely be "not speeding" as far as the HUD is concerned, but still be hit with a penalty braking.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. owenroser19

Thanks