Question Thread - London Commuter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG Natster, Sep 29, 2021.

1. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

Will BML and ECW ever be linked to create a open world so you could drive a London to Brighton service then go on free roam to Seaford?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are very few services in a day which go from North to Brighton then off to the ECW, so this wouldn't be a particularly essential move to be able to do
    Better would be to put the curve from Wivelsfield to Lewes in and then run the services properly to Hastings / Eastbourne down that route

• Like Like x 2
  3. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

That’s why I have said about free roam, so you could complete a service from London then leave that train and jump on a Brighton to Seaford service.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ARuscoe

I got what you meant, but sounds like a lot of work to avoid a few clicks and a couple of screen loads.
    I suggested before that maybe they could put the blue scenario markers on the BML and ECW Brighton platforms and then it coudl switch between the two routes at that point

5. Mr Lutz

Mr Lutz New Member

I have a few questions about the PIS on both 377 & 387.
    (1) With of course the splitting and joining trains creating bigger or shorter services (Thanks Joe and Team), Will the inside screens mention where someone should sit. For example, a Gatwick express service formed of 12 coaches going to Brighton from Victoria will split and the front 8 coaches will detach and go to Brighton while the final 4 stay behind at gatwick. For thoes travelling on that train to Brighton sit at the front 8 coaches. Does this also apply to station screens?
    (2) If im correct in saying, the class 377 has the section on the screen where it shows what coach number is what. It scrolls past just after what destinations that train is calling at. Has this been included or does it just show the destinations?
    (3) How does the onboard PIS go, does it go "welcome aboard this southern service to London Victoria calling at *blah blah blah*" on repeat. Or does it follow up with "The next station is *blah* this is a southern service to London Victoria"?
    (4) Lets say I was on a service to Brighton, but i purposefully change the PIS to show that im going to Chatham (as an example). Will the whole list of destinations change showing the actual list of stops going to Chatham or will it continue to show the list going to Brighton?
    (5) Does the Gatwick express PIS change language automatically like it does on the actual train, or is it set to display to the users default language only?
    (6) How comes there isn't any PIS on the class 166 GWR or the other southeastern layers just like the ones we see on the 377 and 387? Was this an out of time situation?

EDIT: Please can we tonight see some PIS in action? Thanks all :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Christopher

Daniel Christopher Member

I know that legacy consoles don't have the computing capacity for all service layers because of the volume of unique vehicles. But I would like to ask if the legacy consoles could just one extra layer, For example, just the GWE layer, or just the SEHS layer, or just the ECW layer, to give the players of these devices something extra? (I think there was an attempt to answer this question in the first preview stream. However, I think it was interpreted as "Can we have all the layers with less services?" )

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Question for the stream: Now that the season ticket finalises. Any news on the Fall season ticket?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

There's never been one... Not thinking there will BE one

9. antwerpcentral

There was a Summer season ticket. Wasn't that the first one either? I don't know how well Rush Hour did but I guess they might get more season tickets out in the future.

10. ARuscoe

Normally (as in the last five years I've been playing TSW/TS1) DTG release an annual bundle of routes and these three routes would be the base routes for that year. This year in TSW they didn't release all the routes at the same time, so the "bundle price" became the "season pass".
    I won't hold my breath for any other passes in the same vein, but there are likely to be sales between now and xmas anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. antwerpcentral

I see, so Rush hour was like the Bakerloo/Koln/Sand Patch bundle

12. ARuscoe

Essentially yes

13. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I have Xbox One, when I buy this add on, can I still drive the Class 377/4, 387 and Class 166 ( I have the GWR add on)

14. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

No, the layers are not included on gen8

15. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

So to use the Class 166 GWR, i have to have Xbox Series X/S or PS5? I'm guessing the Southeastern trains are there on any console

16. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Correct about the GWE class 166. There will also be no Southeastern class 375s and 465s and ECW class 66 on XB1 and PS4. Those consoles will only be getting the base trains for the route (the GX 387 and the Southern 377).

17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Nope. You will only get the SN and GX services on older gen consoles.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

So, to get the most out of the game, you need anext gen console, which is quite difficult to get, and have the DLC if you want the extra? Not the best marketing plan, but still a lot of services none the less.

19. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

1200 services is a hell of a lot to play with and is the highest number we've ever had in TSW.
    Tbh DTG doesn't have to bother putting layers in but they do to add extra value to previous and current content.
    They did try with the layers on previous gen consoles but there's a memory issue due to their age meaning that the layers can't be activated in the same way.
    They may add a second timetable for the extra 200 services on previous gen but there'd still be no layers on that secondary timetable.

20. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I mean, you need a next-generation console / high-end PC to get the best out of any current game and yes DLC gives you more stuff, that's how DLC works.

I don't really understand your point here, to be honest, you just seem to have identified two of the most universal aspects of modern games and called it a bad marketing plan.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think the best bit of marketing that's happened recently is the scalpers convincing everyone that it's STILL nigh on impossible to get a PS5. The console is almost a year old and Sony have sold 10 million of them which is a long way from there being zero supply. I absolutely understand people being unable or unwilling to spend the money on the upgrade, but if you really want one, supply isn't that much of an issue. You can't pop to your local store and expect them to be stacked in the aisles, but they're regularly available online if you're willing to find out when and where. It probably took me two attempts and an hour of my time to get one at RRP.

22. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Sorry! I was SOOOO wrong! Apologies to Joe.

23. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

With the 387, you have to manually switch power supply.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I've look at my local store, online. Some websites are chargng an extra £150-200 on the RRP which sucks. Think I'm going to buy the Xbox series S soon. Was waiting for the X but I play more digital games nowadays so this would be a better purchase

25. antwerpcentral

FPS feels horribly wrong on PS4 Pro even when exploring by foot.

• Like Like x 1
  26. antwerpcentral

Why don't people ever stop telling these nonsense? Every store, the biggest, the smallest, all of them in my country are out of stock. They actually never had any stock besides pre orders. Never have they had a descent stock. They all have placeholders. "Don't ask us about the PS5 we don't know when we will have stock"' for months now. But still there are people telling nonsense like if you want one you can get one. Well send me one than. Digital edition and no extra's. Costing no more than €395. Because sure if you spend you can find but pay for stuff you didn't want or need. If you insist it's so easy to come by send me one.

10 million sold does not mean 10 million users have the PS5. It means they are shipped but they could all have ended up with scalpers.

• Like Like x 4
  27. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

As we can run the Reigate branch with the 166 that heads off to Reading can we not have access to run 377 services to the first 2 stations of the ECW line that's part of the map?

28. wolverine6192009

wolverine6192009 New Member

Norbury Station Looks Terrible And Nothing Like Real Life, Please Fix This

• Like Like x 1
  29. Passarino

Passarino Member

A little more of a suggestion, but will the horn transients be fixed? The horn on the 387 has a horrible click sound when the horn goes from the initial application, then into looping. I think it can be easily fixed by crossfading the two samples.

30. Bexy916

Bexy916 New Member

London Commuter - It has the word Commuter, hinting at commuter services........ 3 of the most important commuter lines are missing - Caterham, Tattenham Corner and East Grinstead lines. Would be really nice to drive my paid for locos on the route too instead of being told what I can and cant do............. AH best bit...... A complete route and a very nice one at that..... Theres any way to avoid the 3 missing lines, change the name from London Commuter (which is awful anyway) back to London Brighton Mainline..... Much better and far more fitting.

• Like Like x 4
  31. ARuscoe

Didn't understand why it wasn't just called Brighton Mainline in the first place

• Like Like x 4
  32. Factor41

Yeah, exactly as I said, you can't rock up to a shop and expect them to be there, but if you spend a little bit of time online, find out when stock is dropping and be ready, you can pick up a Digital Edition from a reputable dealer at RRP. YMMV in other countries, but in the UK, this is a good place to start: https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlertUK

Seems like a brilliant reason to avoid your local stores - when they go bust, I'm sure they'll blame the internet for the death of the high street rather than their own profiteering! I can't comment on XBox - was never even a consideration for me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  33. antwerpcentral

You are talking about the UK; I live in Belgium. You see how this already becomes a problem for me to order one? I want to make a purchase using my brains and not my emotions. What if the PS5 breaks down? How is aftersales? There comes more to buying stuff than looking where it is available at the moment. And why would I buy one now? Look at the the Playstation forum it's not like all my problems are solved by getting a PS5. I may well have the best experience at the moment :D

34. Factor41

Indeed you may! I haven't made it through the opening BML tutorial yet. I guess your best option if you do want one is Amazon - do they shop to Belgium? They're normally pretty good with returns if something goes wrong, too and there are a few European stock trackers you may be able to follow.

35. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

If you're serious about simming you'd be better off getting a PC so that you can then upgrade incrementally. Don't scrimp on the motherboard or processor but the rest is easy to unplug and upgrade.

TSW2 doesn't need a serious gaming machine to run well, unlike for example, Flight Simulator 2020 which also is only optimized for the benefit of next gen consoles along with powerful PCs. A home office PC or laptop will run TS and TSW2 but MSFS will struggle.

36. moczs_65

moczs_65 Active Member

No. This is Map + Class 387 + Class 377/4 if you haven't it already on your collection.

37. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

There are two freight services on this route, both with empty wagons.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to run loaded wagons in one direction and empties in the other?

• Like Like x 1
  38. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

How do I get a refund of this route? I accidently got rush hour 3 routes i did not know this route came with it. I dont like this route as much. But i will play for 1 more hour and see

39. ARuscoe

If you bought the season ticket then this route is basically "free" as you would have paid a reduced amount for all three RH routes.
    If you bought it separately and depending on which platform you have it on (steam, Epic, PS, XBox) the refund terms of that store will apply

40. xi haoyu china

But I dont like "london commuter". i tried refund but it says that I should play less than 2 hours. I dont understand?? I played london commuter for 3 hours. I dont like location and look of the route according to me.

41. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

If you refund the season pass (me presuming that's how you got the routes) you'd be refunding Boston Sprinter, Nahr-whatever-it-is Dresden, and London Commuter.

If you bought London Commuter seperately, and then played it or TSW itself for over 2 hours, you can't refund it anymore.

42. xi haoyu china

i got season pass

43. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You’re no longer entitled to a refund.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. xi haoyu china

That is sad news. I like boston route because it is fast. other 2 are not my favorites

• Like Like x 1
  45. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Well considering the season pass is 3 routes for (at least in the UK) the price of 1⅖, it's still a good deal and gives you plenty to do if you're ever bored or such.