Raildriver Calibration Getting Lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bruceiow, Aug 22, 2022.

1. bruceiow

bruceiow New Member

Hi, I bought my son a raildriver for his 11th birthday and we are struggling to get it to keep its calibration. I downloaded the latest drivers, installed and calibrated. I can now open the 64bit version of the raildriver software and can see the raw input data, but each time we restart the laptop it states that the calibration file could not be found.. if we recalibrate, everything works again fine. I tried saving a template, but that doesn't seem to hold the settings. Has anyone ever seen this issue? We are running ts2021 on win11 latest build.

2. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Are you aware that to run the RD on 64 bit you must also launch it in 32 bit first so every time you launch you must launch it in both 32 and 64 bit. I was unware until I had a conversation direct with RD. If you contact RD they will tell you that they do not guarantee to work with Windows later than Win 8 (but it does with 10, I have no experience of Win 11).

3. bruceiow

bruceiow New Member

I wasn't aware of that no.. thanks for that I will give that a try!!

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

My personal advice, uninstall the raildriver software and use CobraOnes, Raildriver software instead
    Follow CobraOnes development of the software here (it's DTG's Executive Producer Matt Peddlesden's site so whilst it's not currently SSL certificated it's perfectly safe and it's a decent source of information) https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=154103

If you want to get straight to the download (DropBox link) of the software then the link is in CobraOnes signature or click here. (It's the TSClassic Raildriver and Joystick Interface V3.3.0.3.zip that you want to download).
    This software does all and much much more than the official raildriver software and it works flawlessly with any content even Armstrong Powerhouse because it's so much more versatile and customisable.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  5. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

You may disagree with the advice I gave but there is no need to be so offensive. I have tried Cobra and it didn't work for me. If you can't be civil then there is no need to be offensive.
    All you need to say was - There is another way, which I consider to be better and it is this - but you can't help yourself can you.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I was referring to Raildrivers reply not your post.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022