Railfan Tv Schedule - Week Beginning April 25th 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG JD, Apr 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

Hope you've all had a good week and are suitably full of Easter treats. Here is this week's Railfan TV schedule.

We'll be featuring a new type of stream - our Creator Spotlight - in which we're opening our schedule to a content creator we think you're going to enjoy. First up, it's TrainSimulatorDriver, pushing Scenario Planner to its limit with an ACS-64 Amtrak traversing Horseshoe Curve in Off-the-Rails mode. You can watch all their content here, and find out more in the description below - so make sure you check them out and subscribe if you like what you see! We've also put a bio for them in the first comment.

On top of that, we'll have a 4UP challenge featuring a Community-created scenario on Köln-Aachen (can I get my redemption after the disaster of Sand Patch Grade? We shall see...), and Jamie will be showing off the all-new Glasgow Subway route, coming to Train Simulator Classic next week.

We'll also be looking to stream to our Facebook channel from this week, but as ever you can find us on YouTube and Twitch from 19:00 UTC.

Monday, April 25th - Creator Spotlight - TrainSimulatorDriver - Pennsylvania On The Curve

This video came about after a discussion with DTG’s JD on an idea I had for building a scenario that is pushing Scenario Planner in TSW2 about as far as you can and using as much of the available “rail estate” as you can to make a lively scenario which is unusual, fills a gap in the route that could never happen commercially, and most of all, is fun. The result is Amtrakking the Curve where I ask you to suspend common sense and simply believe in electromagic or perhaps electrickery while we crew an ACS-64 hauled Amtrak train from New York to Pittsburgh.

We join the train in Altoona PA and our shift finishes at Johnstown PA. I explain a bit about how I planned the scenario for a few minutes then we’ll drive. Building and testing this complex scenario took nearly 20 hours and was full of fun and frustration but mostly fun as I backed Scenario Planner into a corner. Even though it's on at 5am for me I will be in the chat to answer any questions you may have.

Wednesday, April 27th - 4-UP Challenge - Köln-Aachen - Sam, Matt, JD, Cat

Our intrepid team take on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen in this month's 4-UP challenge, taking on a scenario made by you folks at home! We'll be taking on CrazyBeats' ICE RE Scenario.

If you'd like to do a run yourself and see how you compare, you can head here.

Thursday, April 28th - Let's Play - Glasgow Subway - Jamie

Jamie will be taking on Thomson Interactive's new Glasgow Subway route out for a spin.

Have a nice weekend, and we'll see you on the other side.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

TrainSimulatorDriver bio:

Who is trainsimulatordriver? Well it's complicated… well not really, tsd is an alt for Paul who has been playing train simulation games since around 2001. Paul started with MSTS that got us all excited for a three dimensional world that we could interact with and led to where we are today with TS Classic where you are the train and the pinnacle of interaction Train Sim World where you are the person in the world. Yes Paul is old but don’t worry he’s a teenager on the inside!

Paul works on a heritage railway called Puffing Billy as a volunteer both in way and works on track and on the footplate. I’ve been around railways for as long as I can remember thanks to my railfan dad who passed the gene onto me and have worked on Puffing Billy for 40 years in many different roles.

Paul has had involvement with other railways around the world working within infrastructure and fare system projects.

My practical knowledge of trains means that I tend (mostly) to drive realistically on my streams and to behave the way a person who has the onerous duty of managing a heavy machine that is fighting you every step of the way until you master it. I do tend to have a very weird sense of humour just sayin’.

You can find my channel on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/trainsimulatordriver/ . The channel is full of handy tutorials and fun moments on many train simulators and I think there might even be some fish and I would love to see you there. I really enjoy interacting with my fellow community members so speak up, join in the live chat or leave comments.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.