Railion Br 185.2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, Aug 18, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

With the release of RSN, a bunch of people have no doubt noticed that the particular 185.2 modeled is a fairly typical example of a modern DB one that has recently had its paint job changed from Railion Logistics to plain old DB Cargo.

As such, it seems reasonable that if we can have a paint job with the Railion logo faded in, we should also be able to get one that actually still has the railion logos present. So, al la the Bright Future update and CSX Yn2 paint, the EWS 66, and the Yn3b GP40-2, I suggest that the free repaints for RSN should be the Railion paint jobs that 185.2s have worn.

This would be the old Railion paint, like what is on the Habbins wagons:
    [​IMG]
    As well as the more recent Railion Logistics DB paint job, which is the faded logo on the TSW version:
    [​IMG]

Yes, that is two repaints, and if history has said anything, DTG usually only does one repaint per loco. But I don't see any other DB paint jobs that could go on the 143, so the 185.2 could deserve some extra attention. Also, the only thing that has changed is the logo (and perhaps the degree of weathering)-no need to tweak the 3D model, or even the color of the locomotive, so it's pretty reasonable that we could see both of these.

Anyway, that's just my idea for potential free RSN repaints. I do love the free repaints, they help a lot to increase variety and give players more freedom, and RSN is the first route in a while where repaints are actually sensible.
    (Seriously, what other paint jobs could you put the Talent 2 in? The ACS-64? The 47 and 09? [ok maybe we should have seen some free paint jobs for WSR...])

• Like Like x 4
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1