Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Speedster43

Speedster43 New Member

Attached Files:

2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

any progress DTG??

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Expect we won't see anything until after weekend.

4. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

oh, #BLAMEMICROSOFT

5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

No, because Microsoft wants money for our potentially promotional discounted deluxe upgrade.

Something like people that, without any sort of advicing, buy dlcs under GameTrap (GamePass for the customers) with the 10% of discount, and on TSW2 have to pay the full prize for the same preserved dlc (so instead to pay 29.99 for a route who work under TSW and TSW 2 too, they pay about 23.99 (thank to the GamePass) + 29.99 to have the same product working on TSW and TSW 2 (after all is a discount! No?). I ask myself if is this legal?

With the difference that the customers who bought the Digital Deluxe Upgrade to TSW (there was not different options on July 2018), precedently paid 30 euro for GWE founders Edition only. Plus the 18 of the Digital Deluxe Upgrade = 48 euro (for GWE, RT and NEC). Now let's try to explain it to Microsoft!

Why I suspect this? Because on the Microsoft side (because I talk about Microsoft), there was not bug in the store about MSB and the BR 182 DB add-on. The "bug" is related only on Rapid Transit download.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  6. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The same bug is present on PS4 as well. No need to blame Microsoft or anyone, it's once again a technical issue that will be resolved in time. Yes, it's annoying (I'd like to play both Rapid Transit and DB BR 182 as well), but we can only wait. Putting the blame on anyone won't help.

7. dreampage

We can't really expect any progress until next week, since most personnel don't work on weekends. Hopefully by early next week it will be resolved.

8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

DTG dont work weekends, so no news until monday, even then, most likely no news then either.

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

On PS4 its not the same exact issue. On PS4 someone can't download MSB route probably because related at a different bundle.
    And again, on PS4 they has solved since yesterday. I feel we are still far from a solution. And I explained why I suspect above.

*edited by DTG Natster to remove inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mark28189

Mark28189 Member

Hi all,

sorry if this has been answered and I’m in a rush today so no time to look.

I have the original TSW and had rapid transit included, but it’s not there for TSW2 is there a issue or am I not entitled to this as it was included in the original please ?

thanks in advance guys.

11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I
    If you purchased it digitally then you will get an entitlement automatically for the TSW2 version when it's sorted. It didn't seem to recognise other editions of TSW that came with Rapid Transit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

13. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

I talk to the support and they say i dont have tje 2020 version off Rapit Transit Why

14. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

my bloke was really nice, do you have it on disk or not

15. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

16. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Im Digital

17. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Which version of Rapid Transit you own? Digital or on Disk?
    If digital, can you tell us if related at some TSW bundle, like for example TSW Founders Edition Digital Upgrade (of summer 2018)
    or a more recent release/bundle?

Last question, did you bought Rapid Transit under GameTrap (with the 10% of discount)?

18. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

I dont know witch one But the DLCs RT GWR NEC and the SD40-2 Was Included

19. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

So you own, like me, the Digital Deluxe Upgrade. Well! :)

20. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Upgrade on the Normal version then the DDU?

21. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I had the DDU and they are sending me a code??

22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'll contact support as well then

23. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

LoL.

24. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I had contacted support and told them that I had got RT when it was in the DDU but wasnt given a code. They said I did not have the licence even though I did.

25. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Lol like me

• Like Like x 1
  26. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I own TSW Founders Edition (GWE only, bought at date launch, on March 2018).
    On June or July (2018) DTG released the Digital Deluxe (and standard, without the GP40-2) Edition Upgrade, with both, NEC and Rapid Transit. So, I paid 30euro for GWE Founders Editions + 18euro for the Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade.
    And I suspect on Microsof side we are not talking about a real bug, but we are talking about how Microsoft build his own business!

48 euro for GWE, RT and NEC (+ GP40-2) are the same final price of the successive TSW bundles (with 3 routes). And at the times (on July 2018) we had not other options! If Microsoft need 2 euro, I can donate it for Christmas. But I suspect Microsoft asking for 30euro for a route I already own. (Thats the reward for my 600euro spent between TSW with every single addons and TSW2 always without a cents of discount, cause Microsoft discounts over TSW contents was too rare!!!)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  27. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Thats xbox i have a chat with a german and US admin from xbox both say i dont own RT that is poog because its them the same As GWR

28. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

I would wait till DTG to say what we need to do rather than contracting Microsoft support i upgraded to rapid transit back when was just great western express digital of course so ive owned rapid transit for longest time i own it all comes to tsw and tsw2 so it is sad once again we got to wait get a product everyone else has but tbh im at the stage where im used to it but hope we can get told by someone by dtg what we need to do i sent support ticket to ask never heard back but tbh i shouldn't of cause we did get told if we own digital to wait to hear what was going to happin im enjoy tsw alot but at the stage where i know with every update or preserved collection or anything their always going be problems just hope we get told what to do soon

29. jasonpfc

I got founders edition on its release for xbox, then upgraded to the deluxe which gave me the 2 locos for NEC, al digital, im atill waiting aswell, not wasting my time with supports tickets,( just get fobbed off back to the forums anyway) no doubt we will have to go through all this sh.. again when preserved 4 arrives...

• Like Like x 1
  30. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

idem / the same!

31. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

well, i just got the code from MS, happy days

32. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am stupid... just realised I contacted DTG support... force of habit lol

33. ExcelsiorGamingYT

ExcelsiorGamingYT Well-Known Member

No you have to buy it again on xbox, you won't be entitle to a upgrade for moving systems.

34. dreampage

I just had a very lengthy conversation with Xbox Support. In short, they didn't help and didn't even understand what this problem was about. I had an extremely hard time trying to explain the situation, linking the different DLCs, but I understand it's a confusing situation with all the similarly named games and routes. Here's what happened in a nutshell:

1. They insisted that we have to buy Rapid Transit again for TSW 2. I tried my best to explain that we should own this route automatically since we own TSW 2020.

2. They tried to get me to download the TSW 2020 version of Rapid Transit so "it would show up in the game", not understanding that I would like to use it for TSW 2, not 2020.

3. Even after finding my licence (purchase history) for Rapid Transit in TSW 2020, I couldn't make them understand that I should get the TSW 2 version as well. I didn't directly ask for a code or anything, at this point I didn't think there would have been any chance they would've provided that for me.

4. Then they suggested I sent feedback to the Insider team. I told them I was not an Insider in the first place, and I don't even know what this issue has to do with Insiders at all.

5. Then they directed me to Reddit to raise this issue. Again, I'm not a Reddit user and I have no idea why I should go there with this problem.

I tried linking the DLC in question, even tried showing them screenshots of the Store, but I don't think they looked at any of it, they didn't seem to completely understand my problem. I got all kinds of not very useful advice but no direct help. So all in all I had a pretty bad experience this time and good luck to Dovetail Games trying to explain them what the problem actually is, and how it should be resolved.

Note: I saved the chat log to remind myself not to contact them with such unique issues again.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

It now looks like we Xbox users will only get a certain part of a Preserve wave when the next wave is announced. :D

36. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

TSW2 Xbox Players and The Community Manager when the next wave of Preserve Collection is announced. :D 39791a.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  37. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Just clocked in 70 plus hours of nudity.

• Like Like x 5
  38. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Post your Photos Here please :D

• Like Like x 1
  39. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

We going just have wait and see what dtg get figured out with Microsoft tbh just want run rapid transit and drive the 182 on their my fave train on tsw simples,i honelsty do think us that have had the tsw for longest digital copy plus others that have disc versions have been forgot about in the thinking of doing preserved collection how it was going to work on xbox just a shame i have alot time for dtg what their do but just fed up with every time get anything on xbox their something up either with update or new loco or new route or the preserved collection just hard no think every time now whats going be wrong next but let see how dtg gets this resolved for us that are waiting to hear next week

• Like Like x 1
  40. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

We Aught to apply for a world record for, most number of times microsoft has messed up with one game

• Like Like x 2
  41. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Everytine preserved collection is to be moved over there is always an issue. To be honest shouldnt bother with it in the first placd. Should have kept tsw2020 routes for that and have tsw2 have new routes only. Save alot of issues likes.

42. dreampage

What I hope is that there will not be a completely new game again going forward (like a TSW 3 or whatever). Because it helps no one to go through this procedure over and over again, importing all the previous routes with so many bugs and licence problems. It's even hard to track what's what in this game, especially for new players. This method cannot be done again.

Look at Train Simulator, it's a singular platform, updated every year, but keeping all content intact. Imagine if they had to import all those routes again in a brand new game all the time. I hope that after this ordeal is over with the preserved collection, TSW 2 will remain a reliable platform going forward. You can rename it to whatever (I personally would have kept the year numbers) but keep content as it is. Because we pay and pay again but there's a limit to how many times I am willing to start over with the different routes.

43. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

We on PlayStation also don’t have it for disc version owners so you’re not on you’re own

44. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

That would be great if when you started 2020 it didn't mess up the routes in tsw2 there is a conflict with both using the same boot sequence that clashes at the moment

45. jasonpfc

Im hoping there are some valuable lessons learned here, if/when a tsw 3 is considered, either just update tsw 2, or make tsw 3 entirely new, no preserved nonsence, save everybody the hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  46. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

All the licenses being given out are digital so won't have the same issues we're having now. If they ever put out a disc version then it shouldn't include DLC or make them digital only etc etc
    One way of licensing means one way of porting the licenses.

47. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yep PS4 disc owners of these dlcs are also waiting. I probably wouldnt run Rapid Transit anyway, although it will get me the 182 elsewhere. My biggest concern was that this wasnt anticipated? Also Sam goes on Holiday and DTG TSW media interaction goes back to the good old days and drops off a cliff. I dont need a promise that it will be fixed by Monday or even next week. Just that DTG know the cause and have identified what they need to do for the next Preserved batch.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  48. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Sam was brill, why is natster so old DTG style

49. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Not going to bash any individual especially someone getting to grips with a new job. Im probably just out of touch with the business mentality of leaving things unresolved, or failing that, a communicated pledge of action.

50. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

Smfh, this is still not fixed. Literally the fourth straight day that this isn’t fixed.