Rbmn Mainline: Reading - Lehighton, Norfolk Southern: Lehighton - Reading Part 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Jun 14, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

This is Part 2 to my RBMN & Norfolk Southern Suggestion make sure you go read Part 1 Rbmn Mainline: Reading - Lehighton, Norfolk Southern: Lehighton - Reading | Dovetail Games Forums

Part 2: Norfolk Southern Side:
    For the Norfolk Southern Side it will go along the Portion of the Lehigh Line between Lehighton and Allentown/Bethlehem, from Allentown we take a turn going West along NS's Reading Line straight to well Reading where it meets back up with the RBMN bringing the Entire Route into a full circle
    Same Cropped System Map from Part 1 but it has the NS line im including, RBMN is Green and NS is Black
    RBMN Cropped System Map.png

these 2 lines see a ton of trains each day with the Lehigh Line getting at least 25 trains a day, and the Reading line atleast a Wopping 65 trains a day so its gonna be full of action,
    Services can mainly include Intermodal, Manifest, Coal and perhaps a bit of MOW

Locos:
    EMD SD70ACE:
    Many people have been requesting these locos to be in TSW2 and since NS has some they will be perfect for this route hauling the heavy stuff along NS part of the route.
    NS SD70ACE.jpg

EMD GP40-2:
    NS GP40-2s can bring the GP40-2 back to TSW2 for use on Not so heavy Trains, Switching, and MOW services.
    NS GP40-2.jpg

I will not go into Freight stock NS Has a lot more then RBMN so that can be figured out in planning. :/

DLC:
    I Cant really think of much DLC for this side perhaps the GP60 or the NS Office car train.

Layering: this side has more Layering potential then the other side, Layers can include more NS locos if another NS route comes in the future, Perhaps Borrowed Motive Power with UP's and CSX's locos.

Additional Lines:
    Lines I or others thought up after posting i will not put Reading side lines in Part 1.
    The Hazelton Line: we will start at Jimthorp Lehigh Gorge, NS, and RBMN run along the same stretch of track till we get to penn haven junction here the the Lehigh gorge stops and NS goes west to Hazelton whilst RBMN goes north but RBMN has trackage rights along the line from PHJ and Ashmore where the RBMN has a branch to jeddo. At Hazelton the RBMN goes here via a line from Haucks, along said line there is a branch from Lofty to Delano.

Tamaqua - Lansford: a Small line out of Tamaqua once part of the NVRR Now is a 5.3 mile line from Tamaqua to Lansford a Simple line but may as well have it

Temple - Evansville: its a small NS branch but may as well add it for additional stuff to do, idk much about it :p .

And thats this side done like i said both RBMN and NS Action on this circular route

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

Here are some DLC suggestions: SD70M, SD70 spartan cab, C40-9 Top Hat, SD40-2 High and Low Nose.
    And route layering: this would factor in the Lower Lehigh Line from Jersey and the Harrisburg Line as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea why not run this to Easton Pennsylvania the boundary with Phillipsburg,NJ the original Terminus of the New Jersey Transit Raritan Valley Line pre 1984 cutback to High Bridge. Since I went to the Railway Museum in Phillipsburg, NJ 2006-2010 this is actually part of the original Central Railroad of New Jersey Jersey City Phillipsburg Easton Lehighton Scranton Mainline via the Raritan Valley Line.
    Video is by ELSD45801. The leading Union Pacific locomotive is going to be in game for Cane Creek Branch

• Like Like x 1
  4. csxfan#8403

I second this. Plus in Phillipsburg/Bethlehem, you have the Cement Secondary, Freemansburg Secondary etc for local services.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

If Made NS Lehigh Line Phillipsburg, NJ Jim Thorpe,PA including those Branches you mentioned and this line

• Like Like x 1
  6. csxfan#8403

And the C&F Branch near Alburtis on the Reading line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very nice proposal.

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

It is And I'm from the area around Easton PA if extended to the Delaware River it's the CRRNJ Main Line Bridge Easton Phillipsburg as the end point. The existing locomotives of SPG for reskin are AC4400CW GP-38-2 & GP40-2 from CSX into NS Paint.

• Like Like x 2