Re-use Of Rolling Stock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by markhazeldine, May 4, 2021.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I think this comes back to what type of player are you. Are you a train enthusiast or are you a casual player. How you value something that interests you alot.
    A train Enthusiast would be able to tell you the differences compared to a 387 to a 377 but a casual player of TSW would view the 387 for london to brighton and go well that doesn't look new.
    Dtg are trying to comply with every type of player and its not been going well.
    Of course we want new stock like a class 700 but its costs a lot of money.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Me too.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  3. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I don't particularly have a problem with reusing trains, it does make sense in terms of shorter production time and when certain types are very common such as the Electrostars and Class 66. I would, however, prefer they made an effort to produce as diverse an array of content as possible as I think that is my current main disappointment with TSW2, a lot of the content is quite similar.

Basically, I would very much appreciate a focus on releasing more diverse content, however, if new routes and locations include content similar to those we already have, I don't think they should shy away from including it, presuming the workload isn't that great and the route is appropriate then I don't see the point of avoiding including them.

I think the problem is how content is packaged. I for one have bought the 101 and 08 three times now. The Class 66 and 52 I've paid for twice. In the not too distant future, I will have paid for three separate Electrostars and will have paid for one subclass twice. Yes, I appreciate that each time there has been new effort going into each of these releases be it delivering or building from scratch but at the end of the day, it does feel like I have been charged multiple times for the same (or very similar) products. I think that is a problem with how content is packaged personally. Perhaps route add-ons should have a small discount (5-10% would I imagine be sufficient) if the content includes the same class as one the player already owns. Plus, the loco add-ons being tied to route addons (I.E. DLC for DLC) is frustrating to me.

In short, reusing rolling stock whenever it is appropriate makes perfect sense but there does come a point where it feels like we're just paying double or triple the price just to use the content we already own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

To be fair there are other modern German routes that dth haven't made for tsw2 and use completely different trains. The Frankfurt U-Bahn Berlin S-Bahn, Nuremberg U-Bahn, Berlin U-Bahn are just some examples. DTG seems interested it seems to just make routes that just happen to use the same trains seen on other tsw2 german routes

5. tallboy7648

The DB BR 406 ICE3M shouldn't be a layer on the BRD route at all to begin with as it doesn't even run on that route in real life. It's only used for International services. They shoudn't add ICE services at all if they can't make the DB BR 411 ICE T as that's the train that runs on the route in reality

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

I agree with what you have said. Most of the content with rush hour is similar content and I am frankly suprised that they just realized that people don't like to see recycled content all the time. At least with most of the tsw2020 routes, you would get a new train. Now it feels they are going backwards.

Personally I don't have a big problem if a train is recycled as long as it runs there in real life. If it does then so be it. The problem is that driving the same train on a different route would give some players a repetitive experince if they used that exact same train on another route. I personally think dtg can make different routes and include one new train.

I think what would be better is if dtg could make a route in a different country. It would refreshen the experience for existing players. TSW has been out for 4 years and I think it's about time that dtg make more routes from different countries. I would love to see more French routes or maybe a Japanese route in the future