Real Drives For Sfm Torino (asti Branch) Now Available. See Last Post.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kim Olesen, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Hi there TS2018 enthusiasts. Today we have the pleasure of launching a new type of scenario called REAL DRIVES.

Imagine a standard/carreer scenario that CHANGES everytime you play it! But with the choices of a quick drive.

In short, it is a scenario type where you are in quick drive mode but you will have red lights on your way. And everytime you play the scenario the red aspects will be in different points on the route. Sometimes there will be many, sometimes there will be few, but you will never know where they are. Just like a real traindriver never really knows when he will have to stop at a red light. But don’t worry; You will ofcourse be warned by proper distant signalling. So it is a scenario that is different every time you play it! Read the full description below the download links.

One word of importance. There is a little manual for each route. Read it!

We start with REAL DRIVES for the München Rosenheim and Hamburg Lübeck routes

Forcesius.dk

REAL DRIVES for München Rosenheim

forcesius.dk/?download=598

REAL DRIVE for Lübeck Hamburg

forcesius.dk/?download=594

or here

railworks.dk

www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-munchen-rosenheim/

www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-lubeck-hamburg/

Support and news about forthcoming releases:

https://www.trainsimulatorREALDRIVES/facebook.com/groups/

REAL DRIVES.

Random Everchanging Active Line Drives. What are they? They are quick drives that are alive and ever changing. These quick drives are populated with random generated trains in all directions, meaning both in your direction and the opposite. That means that you never know when you will run into a red light because of the line ahead of you being busy. When the signal block in front of you has been vacated or the train that blocked the line has been led to a siding you will be given a green light. Just like no two drives in the life of a train driver are exactly the same, no two drives in A REAL DRIVE scenario are the same. You can play the same scenario over and over and it will be different each time. The railway comes alive and you are interacting with it. And unlike standard scenarios you can choose what train you want to drive, weather, time of day and season.

Known issues: Over the years the TS code has become a bit “fragile”. During testing we found that sometimes certain player train consists will trigger random error messages. Unfortunately we have not determined the cause of this and furthermore it seems to be different trains on different setups, which means that it is not the scenario itself but rather the code of TS that throws a fit. Clearing the cache and choosing a different locomotive/consist usually makes this error go away.

We had one instance (out of many many testdrives) where an AI train refused to move. It was not a bug that could be recreated so until further on it’s considered a freak accident.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Read the manual that is included in the .rar file that the REAL DRIVES come in. It contains important route specific info about minor issues that you need to know.

Use the Utilities app to install REAL DRIVES. See the “How To Install manual”. You can find the app in the Railworks folder.

FAQ: Some quick drives do have a bit of AI traffic, are REAL DRIVES any different?

A: AI traffic in Quick Drives and REAL DRIVES is very different.

FAQ: I had a drive where i had green lights all the way. Is that supposed to happen?

A: Yes that can happen but it is pretty rare.

• Like Like x 4
  2. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Hi, I have installed this few days ago and have some rides already done. At this point I can honestly say that this is brilliant idea and the job is well done!!! I'm not the biggest fan of quick drives. I better like the way it is made in TSW. But your new scenarios are excellent. I really really hope you're planning adding and sharing more of them:) Thank you for these already available!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kim Olesen

Thanks paweuek. Glad you enjoy them. Real Drives for München - Garmisch Partenkirschen will be released in 3 weeks time.

4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

This sounds like something I would really enjoy. Any plans to do this for American freight routes?

5. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Would be really good with UK routes such as the recently released WCML V5 (London Euston - Birmingham).

6. Kim Olesen

I might just “get out of” Germany/Austria at one point. For now (and for sentimental reasons) my first love is the German railroads (eventhough i am from Denmark)

I taught myself German signalling many years ago through watching cabinrides and i have so many great holliday memories from Germany/Austria. Hence the sentimental attachment.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sounds like a brilliant idea with a lot of possibilities for extending route use. A lot better than "green lights everywhere"

8. Kim Olesen

Yes, exactly why i make them. I want the route to be fun to play even after i’ve gone through the included scenarios.

9. Kim Olesen

FINALLY there is a new REAL DRIVE for all of you rail enthusiasts. This time for the beautiful MÛNCHEN - GARMISCH route.

When the release of TS 2019 was announced I wanted to make sure that they still functioned as intended so I held back the release until tests could be completed. But now it’s here. And there are many more to come in the following months.

You can find the download links a bit further down.

Imagine a standard/carreer scenario that CHANGES everytime you play it! But with the choices of a quick drive.

In short, it is a scenario type where you are in quick drive mode but you will have red lights on your way. And everytime you play the scenario the red aspects will be in different points on the route. Sometimes there will be many, sometimes there will be few, but you will never know where they are. Just like a real traindriver never really knows when he will have to stop at a red light. But don’t worry; You will ofcourse be warned by proper distant signalling. So it is a scenario that is different every time you play it! Read the full description below the download links.

You can get them here

Forcesius.dk

REAL DRIVES for München Garmisch

http://forcesius.dk/?download=674

or here

railworks.dk

http://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-munchen-garmisch/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/trainsimulatorREALDRIVES/

REAL DRIVES.

Random Everchanging Activity Line Drives. What are they? They are quick drives that are alive and ever changing. These quick drives are populated with random generated trains in all directions, meaning both in your direction and the opposite. That means that you never know when you will run into a red light because of the line ahead of you being busy. When the signal block in front of you has been vacated or the train that blocked the line has been led to a siding you will be given a green light. Just like no two drives in the life of a train driver are exactly the same, no two drives in A REAL DRIVE scenario are the same. You can play the same scenario over and over and it will be different each time. The railway comes alive and you are interacting with it. And unlike standard scenarios you can choose what train you want to drive, weather, time of day and season.

Known issues: Over the years the TS code has become a bit “fragile”. During testing we found that sometimes certain player train consists will trigger random error messages. Unfortunately we have not determined the cause of this and furthermore it seems to be different trains on different setups, which means that it is not the scenario itself but rather the code of TS that throws a fit. Clearing the cache and choosing a different locomotive/consist usually makes this error go away.

We had one instance (out of many many testdrives) where an AI train refused to move. It was not a bug that could be recreated so until further on it’s considered a freak accident.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Read the manual that is included in the .rar file that the REAL DRIVES come in. It contains important route specific info about minor issues that you need to know.

Use the Utilities app to install REAL DRIVES. See the “How To Install manual”. You can find the app in the Railworks folder.

FAQ: Some quick drives do have a bit of AI traffic, are REAL DRIVES any different?

FAQ: I had a drive where i had green lights all the way. Is that supposed to happen?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Great idea! Any plans for UK routes?

11. Kim Olesen

Puffing Nora
    Perhaps one day, i just need to get over my fixation with German/Austrian routes (something installed in me from many great childhood vacations in Germany and Austria).

Currently i am putting the finishing touches to
    Koblenz Trier
    Koblenz Köln
    Hamburg Hannover
    Garmisch Innsbruck
    Brenner Kufstein

• Like Like x 3
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Real Drives on these routes
    Koblenz Trier
    Koblenz Köln
    Hamburg Hannover
    Garmisch Innsbruck
    Brenner Kufstein

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kim Olesen

It is time for some fast driving. The next issue in the series of REAL DRIVES is for the Frankfurt Highspeed route. Two drives between the cities Frankfurt and Mannheim is included. (The route between Karlsruhe and Mannheim will be released at a later time.)

Imagine a standard/career scenario that CHANGES everytime you play it! But with the choices of a quick drive.

You can get them here

Forcesius.dk

REAL DRIVES for Frankfurt Highspeed

Real Drive Frankfurt Highspeed

http://forcesius.dk/?download=674

or here

railworks.dk

REAL DRIVES for Frankfurt Highspeed

Download

http://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-munchen-garmisch/

REAL DRIVES.

Random Everchanging Activity Line Drives. What are they? They are quick drives that are alive and ever changing. These quick drives are populated with random generated trains in all directions, meaning both in your direction and the opposite. That means that you never know when you will run into a red light because of the line ahead of you being busy. When the signal block in front of you has been vacated or the train that blocked the line has been led to a siding you will be given a green light. Just like no two drives in the life of a train driver are exactly the same, no two drives in A REAL DRIVE scenario are the same. You can play the same scenario over and over and it will be different each time. The railway comes alive and you are interacting with it. And unlike standard scenarios you can choose what train you want to drive, weather, time of day and season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I tried the Munchen - Rosenheim REAL DRIVE which I enjoyed as the run was interesting with the verity of trains and following two slower services. The only negative point is because Munchen Hbf is a terminus station you can only use passenger stock as you don't have an option to run to/from Munchen Ost or Pasing stations.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kim Olesen

Yes that is true. I am considering some “freight variations” at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kim Olesen

I want to see mountains Gandalf, mountains…..Ok then, your wish is granted. Today we release REAL DRIVES for the Mittenwaldbahn route (DTG Version). After the Frankfurt Highspeed release it is time to slow down and enjoy train driving at a slower pace

Imagine a standard/career scenario that CHANGES everytime you play it! But with the choices of a quick drive.

You can get them here

www.forcesius.dk

Mittenwaldbahn: http://forcesius.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/REAL-DRIVE-Mittenwald-DTG.zip

Frankfurt Highspeed: http://forcesius.dk/download/760/

Lübeck - Hamburg: http://forcesius.dk/download/594/

München - Garmisch: http://forcesius.dk/download/674/

München - Rosenheim: http://forcesius.dk/download/598/

www.railworks.dk

http://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-mittenwald-dtg/

http://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drive-frankfurt-highspeed/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-lubeck-hamburg/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-munchen-rosenheim/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-munchen-garmisch/

REAL DRIVES.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kim Olesen

Beautiful southern Germany is where the next REAL DRIVE is situated. The 6th REAL DRIVE pack is for the Freiburg - Basel route. Get yours now and enjoy both fast driving and curved bends on the side of the hills where great wines are grown.

You can get them here

www.forcesius.dk

Freiburg - Basel http://forcesius.dk/download/1027/

Mittenwaldbahn: http://forcesius.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/REAL-DRIVE-Mittenwald-DTG.zip

München- Rosenheim: http://forcesius.dk/download/598/

www.railworks.dk

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drives-basel-freiburg/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-lubeck-hamburg/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-munchen-rosenheim/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drive-munchen-garmisch/

REAL DRIVES.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kim Olesen

REAL DRIVES for Koblenz - Trier. Get your dose of train driving unpredictability with these two drives for the West Rhine Railway. Nice bends, lots of speedchanges and trains ahead of you making sure you will be challenged.

You can get them here

www.forcesius.dk

Köln - Koblenz: http://forcesius.dk/download/1127/

Freiburg - Basel http://forcesius.dk/download/1027/

München- Rosenheim: http://forcesius.dk/download/598/

www.railworks.dk

https://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drives-koln-koblenz/

http://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drives-basel-freiburg/

REAL DRIVES.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've managed to miss this thread until today. Your REAL DRIVES concept strikes me as fabulous. I'm not a fan of passenger runs, but I'll definitely give one of these a try. Your mentions that freight runs may come about eventually strike me as very promising. Have you considered building occasional shunting into them? Thanks in advance for having invented these.

20. Kim Olesen

They are essentially quick drives so i don’t think anything than going from a to b is possible. Though it is possible to have AI trains emulating shunting as you pass them (by having them move between two destination markers.
    For now just make your player train a freighter. You don’t have to stop at any stations. Ofcourse the slower the train, the less you will “feel the train ahead” as it might outrun you.

21. Kim Olesen

REAL DRIVES for S-Bahn Rhein Main. Get your action on the busy S5 and S6 Frankfurt S-Bahn Lines. You will go underground as well as over. Be careful, being behind an all stopping service underground is quite challenging, and according to the nature of REAL DRIVES, you never know if that will happen or not.

You can get them here

www.forcesius.dk

S-Bahn Rhein Main:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/1131/

Köln - Koblenz:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/1127/
    Freiburg - Basel
    http://forcesius.dk/download/1027/

Mittenwaldbahn:
    http://forcesius.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/REAL-DRIVE-Mittenwald-DTG.zip
    Frankfurt Highspeed:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/760/
    Lübeck - Hamburg:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/594/
    München - Garmisch:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/674/
    München- Rosenheim:
    http://forcesius.dk/download/598/
    www.railworks.dk

https://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drives-til-frankfurt-s-bahn-rhein-main/

REAL DRIVES.

22. Kim Olesen

Test your stamina with REAL DRIVES for the Hamburg - Hannover route. 170 km of highspeed German railway across the Lüneburger Heide. Can you go all the way?

You can get them here

www.forcesius.dk

Hamburg - Hannover:

http://forcesius.dk/download/1163/

S-Bahn Rhein Main:

http://forcesius.dk/download/1131/

Köln - Koblenz:

http://forcesius.dk/download/1127/

Freiburg - Basel

http://forcesius.dk/download/1027/

Mittenwaldbahn:

http://forcesius.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/REAL-DRIVE-Mittenwald-DTG.zip

Frankfurt Highspeed:

http://forcesius.dk/download/760/

Lübeck - Hamburg:

http://forcesius.dk/download/594/

München - Garmisch:

http://forcesius.dk/download/674/

München- Rosenheim:

http://forcesius.dk/download/598/

www.railworks.dk

https://www.railworks.dk/download/real-drives-til-hamburg-hannover/

https://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-info/real-drives-til-frankfurt-s-bahn-rhein-main/

REAL DRIVES.

23. Kim Olesen

Hi there Train Simulator enthusiasts. Here are the first REAL DRIVES for an Italian route. These drives are made for the SFM Torino route and are for the Torino Porto Nuova - Asti branch. Since it is an extensive network more REAL DRIVES for this route will follow. The route is freeware and you will be required to get a few other freeware things, otherwise the scenarios will not function. It’s not much so don’t let that deter you. It is all described in the PDF that comes with the drives.

A TRAIN SIMULATOR Real Drive scenario is an advanced version of a Quick Drive. Real Drive scenarios have random generated red signals as opposed to a Quick Drive where you have green signals all the way. The random programming makes sure that the scenario is never the same twice.

You can get REAL DRIVE scenarios here (registration required)

http://forcesius.dk/downloads/real-drive/

REAL DRIVES are also available here.

https://www.railworks.dk/download-sektion/download-category/real-drives/

• Like Like x 1
  24. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

This are fantastic. Makes every drive more enjoyable and more involved. Congrats. Keep up the excellent work :)

• Like Like x 1