Real Timetable In Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by alex7, Mar 5, 2021.

1. alex7

alex7 New Member

Is there at least one route which DTG used a real timetable?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeyKey

DeyKey Member

Yes, for example Munich Augsburg has the timetable from september i think

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, not really. They don't include any of the S-Bahn services except the S3 and S4 (admittedly, they all only go as far as Pasing before leaving the modeled route, but that's still a lot of missing traffic at the eastern end). They only have half or fewer of the actual RB/RE services. There are no ICs or IC2s. They don't include any of the Lokalbahn services by the independents like ALEX, Meridian or BOB. And they include none of the substantial OBB traffic up from Austria. It's truly bizarre to stand in Munchen HbF and look across 26 empty platforms, which is not uncommon in-game.

I once tried to create a scenario in TS using just one single hour of the actual Munchen Hbf schedule, alone. It broke the system- it simply choked out and crashed before I even got to the S-Bahnen.

And let's not even get into the empty, dead freight yards.........

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No route uses the exact real life timetable as there are usually many more trains using a route than are depicted in the sim. There’s also the need to get it to work with the limitations of the dispatcher in the sim, which doesn’t have the intelligence of a real life signaller to handle masses of traffic.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

No, and even for the trains/lines implemented they don't use the complete real timetable. Matt explained in another post, that they use the start times from the real timetable, but the timing of all other stops is then simulated (since that seems easier than adding the whole timetable manually), which is why sometimes there are slight differences compared to the real schedule - or larger differences as on SEH when the train performance is different between different power modes, which they can not yet properly simulate for the schedule.

6. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

Peninsula Corridor is based off the actual timetable. When the route came out, I downloaded the real-world timetable from Caltrain, and the passenger timetable in TSW matches the train numbers, stations served by each train, and times (+/- a couple of minutes).

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And before an better implementation of the timetable function, they still need to fix the save and load function which loses your progress and leaves everything in limbo. I just had this happen on SEHS, second leg of a run with the 465, all the detail in the top LH corner vanished.

8. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

No. TSG said in another forum that this is due to the consoles and that the dispatcher will have no problem with a lot of traffic

• Like Like x 1