Rear End Locomotive Of Us Freight Trains Does Not Have Lights On! - Alternative Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Sep 9, 2022.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

In the US freight trains at the rear end, must have a light.
    If there is no locomotive there,- so a freight car - they have the ETD.
    But if there is a locomotive - which is very common - that one, must have the main lights on.
    Specifically the low beam. ( I noticed seeing train videos )

On TSW - unfortunately - no rear end locomotive have any light on.

In the case of Sherman Hill route, there is a simply solution, as you can go to the end of the train - "flying" -, and then open the UP SD70ACE locomotive window from outside. So you can press the corresponding button to turn on that light.

But in the case of Cajon Pass locomotive - the ES44C4 - the cab windows can not be opened from outside!

So please, if it is not technically possible to get that light on in the game, at least provide us to open the cabin doors from outside!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. George C. Barnes

George C. Barnes Member

Try Ctrl + "-" or "+", it should allow you to teleport through every locomotive on that train. Unfortunately, these shortcuts don't always work, especially for long trains(freight).
    In fact, DTG should automatically initialize the rear train lights to the correct state when a mission starts, that is the ultimate solution.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help.
    But I am on PS4,
    so no chance o do Ctrl something....:(
    Yesterday, I tried to open the door of the locomotive, and it worked!
    But it does not allows me to enter the cabin, like when you do it walking.
    So no chance to turn on the light of the locomotive.

Only chance will be you check if you have a rear locomotive, and walk all the train to the back, turn it on, and then walk again to the front.
    But this it will take too long.
    It will be fastest if the window can be open from outside as on the SD70ACE.