Red Light Signal Block Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xkhayd#5485, Jan 5, 2022.

1. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Hello all,

I was playing London Commuter yesterday having stopped playing this route for serval weeks due to red signals not clearing because of the bottle necks. I did buy the Tees Valley Line route over Christmas which I've found is so good and really enjoyed the shunting scenarios, using the map to switch points to find the correct path. I wounded if something similar could be used in clearing red light issues from the map such as selecting the AI train blocking your route and then have the option to clear that one train or another option to clear all AI trains currently along the same line. I'm guessing others forum members have probably already said the same, so apologies if I'm just repeating the idea. I should imagine deleting data like this out of a timetable route would probably crash the game but thought it might work as a back up way of clearing an AI train, until a fix for issue can be resolved. Because it is better when there are other trains moving along the route.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Do you mean, click on the offending train and give it permission to proceed, overriding the dispatcher? It’s an interesting idea.

3. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Yes Stephen that would work better, having the option to give permission to proceed. But it would need to look at the chain to see if other units are blocking the route ahead. Otherwise in 5/10 minutes you would be in the same situation with another red light, this would work better than deleting the train entirely I can imagine the AI passengers would be a lot happier.

4. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Though the problem is how in the end of things would the ai cope with this as the timetable is 24hrs this would shake up a lot of things say if you change something and it disrupts something for an ai what would happen

5. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with above. It would crash the dispatcher creating more problems down the line (pun most definitely intended) that could be more detrimental. Find out which services are difficult/impossible to complete, create a list of them and don’t play them. Remember, tab is your friend!