Reduce The Speed Via Braking On Keyboard With " ' "

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Jul 15, 2020.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I have a question about reduce the speed via braking on my keyboard with the key command " ' ". And I noticed that the message popped up on the screen all the time while I slow down the train as speed required. And here is below:

Hold Lapped
    Apply

What am I suppose to do with those two lines above every time I slow down the train? Or is that a general message every time those two lines popped up while slowing down the train (passenger or freight). I find that is annoying to see on the screen. Hope that these can turn off inside the program of Train Simulator 2020.

Thank you,

John

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Those sometimes appear very small on the F3 or F4 Keyboard

With Air Brakes you can just apply the amount you want
    But with Vacuum Brakes once you go past the central Lap the brakes keep applying.
    So you reduce the Vacuum then move the handle back to Lap to keep the brakes at that rate
    If you were able to switch them off you would not know if the brake handle was in Release, Lap or Apply unless you watched the Brake gauge

Peter

3. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thank you Peter for your reply and I will see if that is a good idea to switch them off and I would not know if the brake handle was in Release, or Lap or Apply. Will try to see the brake gauge first and if too much, then go back where it is.

John

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I did say "If you were able to switch them off" but I don't think you can without having the F3 or F4 HUD showing