Reducing Speed Br 101 With Pzb On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Irish Train sim, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Looking for a little help.

With PZB on, how far away from the next speed restriction when slowing down. Should I be meeting this without getting an emergency break. Sometimes this gets slammed on when I’m 1km away from the restriction. Am I missing something? Not just the 101 but other German trains. Any advice appreciated.

2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Some of the speed restriction warning boards (the orange triangles) have a PZB magnet which you have to acknowledge.
    This catches me out quite often and then you must go to the speed indicated by PZB as normal in the normal time period, even if it is below the upcoming speed limit.

3. Irish Train sim

Those triangles can be hard to spot, didn’t realise they had to be acknowledged... Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Once you play a route a few times, you’ll learn to remember where the Orange triangles are so you can be prepared on the approach.

5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You can find all you need to know about acknowledging speed boards in the red and the brown links below this post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The info from those links blows my mind lol. I start going cross eyed after a few seconds, but they are very useful.

7. Lamplight

It all seems a lot when you first see it, but it‘s somewhat intuitive. With the speed boards, for example, you see that there are 3 classes of boards: <80, 80-90, 100-150. Just need to know how to deal with those classes and you‘re set. You definitely don‘t need to know all of the numbers by heart :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Irish Train sim

Red and brown links?

9. Lamplight

Are you on mobile, perhaps? If so, rotate your phone to be sideways. Then, you should see them; they‘re called English PZB instructions and PZB - Acknowledging speed restrictions between 80-160km/h.

10. Irish Train sim

Excellent, yes I’m on mobile. Thanks for this.