Euro Fishing Reeling The Big Ones In..

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I have been playing this game for quite a while but have noticed that videos posted on here of big fish being landed, especially Cats that they seem to come in far quicker than I can get them in! Almost on some occasions players are able to literally bully boss fish in. Some video's I appreciate might have been edited in time lapse but some look to show the full fight of a large Cat being landed in a matter of a few minutes. I caught the second larges Cat on St Johns (Muddyback??) and it literally took 20 mins to get it in, several of them were playing it 10 yards from the bank after it initially tired.

I am currently using a big pit card reel, with 25lb braid and a long distance carp rod but it still takes me quite sometime to get the big ones to the bank with the boss Cats being the worse. Normally have my drag set at between 34-36 just to confirm.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there better rods, reels and lines to use? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated so I can cut down these long fights (If there is one!). Thanks..

2. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

I think most of the videos were made before the fish A.I was updated

3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks.... That would make sense!

4. ian

ian Member

took over 20mins to land cheetah got same tackle

5. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

get some bigger bait all i can advice how i learnt i got 2 catfish st john lake withing 20mins so that aint bad.....

6. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Any tips for megladon please??? An where shell roughly. Be??

7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Never landed Megladon, I am not sure if it is even possible due to bugs but that might well have changed since I last fished that water. Certainly hooked it, Pop up Tiger nuts either near the dam wall late afternoon or completely opposite end of the water with the swim that opens into the bay start of the day (7am) or late evening 10pm ish. the same rig fishing parallel left on the gravel about 30 yards out. Sure there are other tactics but these worked for me.

8. tracko644

tracko644 Member

A few people have caught him but by their own admission it was due to some sort of glitch. I’ve had him on numerous times but never landed him (once after nearly 2 hrs rt)

9. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Ive seen couple videos. So tiger nuts an that An best at night time il have to try it out....

10. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

Its possible i Catched him But its like a lottery sometimes he is Not to Land dont know why, i tryed it so often and One Time i caught him in 35 min.

11. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Think getting closer ive jus caught mowgally in that area where megla ment to be..

12. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

The little inlet seems a hot a spot - Had Cheetah there the other day but it did take best part of 55 mins to land him! Had the heaviest tackle available but they seem to have updated the fish A.I and they fight like crazy.

13. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Yeah notice they snap soeasily in that area so u dont get a chance. But i have some good news: GUESS WHO FINALLY CAUGHT MEGLADON;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I was still pretty sure it wasn't possible - Seems it is! How long did that take to get in???!

15. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

10/15mins

16. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Surprised - Considering the epic battle I had with Cheetah which was well over double that time - Think though it was partly the swim I was in as every time he went near the bank it would send him charging off again. Nice work though.

17. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Thank you very much. Also where did u swim to catch cheetah??

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

The little inlet on Pressa ....Usually get a lot of activity there I find 7-10am with Cats. As there is no proper peg as such, just a case of stalking. I find standing right at the point looking out into the main lake about 7-12 yards with tiger nuts works the best. It starts shallow gravel and the depends considerably to silt very quickly but usually the edge of the gravel leading into the silt gets me the most bites. Problem is as its so narrow, the fight can be a real battle if you hook into a really big one.

19. jammypigeon7

jammypigeon7 New Member

Thank u i will def try that.. see how it goes!