Reference Pictures - Mbta Passenger Information System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zacblvn, Aug 10, 2021.

1. zacblvn

zacblvn New Member

I went out and sampled the passenger information systems (PIS) of the MBTA, as requested on the most recent stream. These pictures are below, along with some things of note about the system that I have typed out below.

I am more than willing to go out and get more reference pictures/videos if needed (and I have more images than the 5 attached), so contact me at zacblvn@gmail.com if I'm needed for more references!

Notes about the MBTA PIS system:

- 2 types of holders for the PIS screen, extended and normal. Pictures enclosed.
    - The countdown to train arrival appears in minutes following the departure from the train's originating station (Ex. Providence, Boston).
    - The countdown clock also scales to how late the train is, but the lateness of the train does not appear on the board.
    - When a train is approaching, the bottom purple bar switches to the words "Train Approaching". Pictures enclosed.
    - On the images the bottom purple bar is shown with 2 colors; this is a camera issue, in reality the bar is the same purple all the way through.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

There’s already a sticky thread in the “Off Topic” section for the PIS. Upload them in that thread instead.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No video to show how they are animated?