Remove Collision Detection From Boom Camera (key 2) And Increase Zoom Options

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timmiej93, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Timmiej93

Timmiej93 Member

I know we've got an awesome exterior camera that tracks the train now (key 3), but sometimes I just wanna quickly pop outside to see how I stopped in the station. Having the camera bounce around because it's trying to get in front of passengers walking by, that just doesn't make any sense. Same goes for exterior views while driving. If you use the boom camera, the camera tries to get in front of everything, even overhead wires, making it a complete pain to use. I don't think the collision detection on the boom camera is required. Having the camera bounce around everywhere is just as annoying and immersion breaking as the camera going through object, maybe even more so.

To continue on that: Why on earth is the zooming functionality linked to the arrow keys, and the limited FOV change functionality to the mousewheel? Sure, narrowing the FOV is a way of zooming the camera, and it makes sense for the first person perspective, but for the boom camera, why not just move the camera backwards and forwards, just like we currently can with the arrow keys? If needed, the FOV change could be bound to the arrow keys in stead.

Now you're probably thinking: what on earth are you complaining about, the functionality is there for both things you're describing isn't it (Exterior cam has no collision detection / arrow keys zoom instead of changing FOV)? Yes, but the issue is that you can't use either of those easily while driving. If you want to keep your left hand on the controls, you're probably not gonna use the arrow keys to move around or change the zoom level. Sure, it's cool you can change the FOV to get that perfect picture, but how often are you gonna do that in boom camera mode? If you're gonna take a wonderful picture, you'd use the free cam. On top of that, it's nowhere near as frequently used as zooming would be.

• Like Like x 3