1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove/disable "do You Want To Give Up Control..."

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Trainmania100, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Active Member

Just spent the last 2 hours driving Cumberland to Shaw mine, get to the point where I have to attach the loco that leads down into Shaw mine.
    Walking down to it, and stupidly asks me if I want to give up control of the service. Usually I am aware it occasionally asks this but out of flinch I accidentally pressed yes to give up, (3rd time it asked me in the past 5 minutes), lost all of my points and a waste of my evening.

There should be an option to disable this popup, or get rid of it entirely.
    Why would anyone want to give up a service unless they're sitting in a different train?

2. xavpin234

xavpin234 Member

Pepole would want to give up a service to become a passenger or to explore the line with a head start i think the give up service is a nice feature and it seems you got hit with the badluck moment should we also disable failure at reds because pepole hit that red at the end of a scenario i don't think so I know frustration is not the greatest feeling but removing a feature is not a way to answer it

• Like Like x 1
  3. kylel2036

kylel2036 Well-Known Member

Well you would want to give up service when you don't really want to play it. If they did remove the option it would be stupid & would create community backlash. A option to turn it off would be nice

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that it should be got rid of but I do think it is currently fundamentally flawed. At the moment you can be doing anything which requires you to press A (or X on PS4) on a controller outside of the driving seat, such as coupling, and if you are unlucky enough for the popup to appear at that moment you risk ending the service as it defaults to yes.
    Instead of having it default to yes it should default to no so if you accidentally click it, the worst that could happen is you close the popup as apposed to ending the service. This to me seems like common sense, and surely cannot be overly difficult to change for the vast amount of times people have ended services by accident.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mich

Mich Member

I don't think disabling it is a necessary addition, I do think the amount of time it takes to appear should be longer though. I notice it consistently appears any time you need to decouple cars due to how long it take to walk and decouple cars.

6. kylel2036

kylel2036 Well-Known Member

Well the gods have listened to you Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 5.55.12 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

That's great news. It seems like DTG are really listening now, even a small fix like this can make a lot of difference to the player experience.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would rather this popup either be in the pause menu or have a button prompt, instead of it coming up automatically, because I've had it popup anywhere from a few seconds after leaving the cab to 5 minutes after walking away. I want it to popup when I want it to, not whenever the game decides.

• Like Like x 1