[removed]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsimplayer, Jun 4, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

[deleted by myself]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t be silly. The flag is the correct one and if that makes people unhappy then they can stay unhappy. It’s not DTG’s problem, it’s the people’s problem. They can boycott TSW if they feel so strongly about it. Not DTG’s problem as I say. Drop it and get on with your life. Also, no need for swearing to get a point across.

• Like Like x 15
  3. trainsimplayer

I'm sorry, where did I swear?
    I'm just proposing a way to make sure complaints (which I have seen in other places) aren't an issue.
    Sorry for just making a proposal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

"That will piss a lot of Scots off."

Anyways, this is such a petty issue, you see the flag for all of the amount of time it takes you to go past that menu, never mind the fact that the Union Jack is currently both politically and geographically the correct flag.

DTG have already said that they won't be changing it, so why make yet another pointless thread on the topic? if this offends you and the other 3 people i've seen complain about it so much then don't support their decision to use the Union Jack by simply not buying the DLC, that is a much simpler solution than adding an entire new ridiculous UI function to switch flags.

• Like Like x 3
  5. trainsimplayer

Perhaps I should rephrase that.
    I'm as annoyed this had to happen as yourself however the amount of times people have brought it up to me when I mention GCC has brought me to make the decision to propose this. Apologies if this has annoyed you.

6. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Aren’t we all forgetting that the Union Jack already has the Scottish flag in it????

EAC6FF02-F089-4A96-AECD-6EE0D6AB2D35.png
    7C7044BF-4F81-4A3D-8AE4-A759DD4F4C07.png
    see?

• Like Like x 5
  7. trainsimplayer

Yeah I know. But these complaints are just frustrating me so I'm proposing an alternative.
    I'm personally not all too bothered.

8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It's a tricky one. Question is - why would you go with the saltire.....?

You could take things back to 1544, which is when Glasgow was being disputed by the Earl of Lennox and the Earl of Glencairn against the Arran guys... and a few years later in 1560 the French got involved (with Arran)... and I think the French won that...... (although maybe my history is a bit scratchy.......).

So shouldn't the flag used for Cathcart be the French flag...? And isn't the saltire essentially a Burgundy flag anyway - so why not just go with the French flag.....?

More seriously.....

..... if DTG made a saltire the flag symbol for a Scotland-based route........ then that would be a political statement. However, if DTG introduce online multi-player, then I think it would be perfectly reasonable for individual players to be able to select a saltire, to represent their personal identity if they wish.

Just an opinion. Please don't go into a rage. I'd personally like the lights on the front of the Clas 314 take priority, when it comes to fixes for Cathcart.

• Like Like x 4
  9. trainsimplayer

I agree, and as I have noted repeatedly, Im just fed up of seeing people complaining when I bring up GCC on other platforms.
    I'm as fed up about this debate as anyone else.
    Plus if wouldn't be a political statement in theory, as the Union flag is still there. I do agree there are other priorities but I'm just fed up of seeing this become what people talk about to me when I bring it up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Well - the answer I would give to those debating it on other platforms would be a positive one that they would (hopefully) like, such as:

"You know what - they've used the saltire on the train itself... and it looks really fantastic... and I am glad that they went for that livery, and not the crimson/custard one.... that's the big thing for me... and I can take lovely screenshots with it... looks fabulous.... it is sooooo Scottish.... I just love it....."

In short, I would point out that the whole train itself is a saltire. And that should be enough to give a smile*, and for a bit of national pride. ;-)

----------------
    *NB: I actually think that it is an awesome livery - I love it on the Class 68.... (Glasgow/Edinburgh next please....!)

11. trainsimplayer

I suppose I could use that, if it works or not who knows.

12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I agree . No one complains when and English route has a flag with Scotland in it , but when a Scottish route has a flag with England in it , people complain

• Like Like x 5
  13. trainsimplayer

Indeed. I have my views but I'm just fed up of seeing people moaning.

14. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We will be using the Union Jack while Scotland remain a part of the United Kingdom. Should the situation change will will then consider changing the flag.

trainsimplayer I have edited your post to remove inappropriate language.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

There will almost certainly be a mod for the scottish flag shortly after release, but thats as always PC only.

16. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

He should have said PIS lol