1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Dem Files In An Existing Line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabe20189, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

As far as all of my previous treads go, all of my questions have been answered and all my problems have been resolved. I am now laying miles of straight track and I am spot on with the Google lay-over map of an existing railroad line which is the old Rock Island from Manly, IA to Cedar Rapids. So life is good. I have laid 34 miles of track and I am very pleased with it.

However, when I ran a scenario with a heavy train I noticed that there was no difference with the hills going up or down (No trag or deceleration going up and no need for braking going down). I checked several locations on my line and I realized that, based on the information on the lower right hand side of the boarder, I had a 0.00% gradient on the entire 34 miles of track.

In the beginning I had installed my DEMs into my new line but for some reason it evidently didn't get the elevation information. So now I have a question that may only require a yes or no answer.

I have a more detailed set of DEM files from another project on Microsoft Train Simulator 2001 which is much more accurate. So that having been said, can I re-install the other version of DEMs to the project I am working on and still save the track I have already laid or do I need to create a renamed line and basically start over. I am OK with starting over because I have a higher level of confidence now.

It is my understanding that to start over I will need a new IP Key for the second line. Is that correct?

2. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

The above discussion has been resolved. All is working thanks to a deeper look into Youtube discussions.