Dear Dovetail Games, I would like to strongly request the addition of Sri Lankan Railways to Train Sim World 7 or a future Train Sim World release. Requested Routes: Colombo Fort → Beliatta (Coastal Line) Colombo Fort → Badulla (Main Line / Up-country Line) Sri Lanka has unique railway scenery, including beautiful coastal areas, mountains, tea plantations, tunnels, bridges and historic railway stations. I would also really like to see authentic Sri Lankan trains and locomotives, especially the M11 diesel locomotive, together with Sri Lankan passenger coaches, liveries, sounds and railway operations. The M11 and Sri Lankan Railways would bring a completely new railway experience to Train Sim World players around the world. Please consider Sri Lankan Railways for Train Sim World 7. Thank you, Dovetail Games, for considering this request.
I concur that a Sri Lankan railway would be amazing in TSW. I used the island's railways when back-packing around Sri Lanka back in 2003. The coastal route from Columbo to Galle is wonderful but the real gem was my trip from the mountains at Ella through near vertical tea fields down the valley to Kandy which included an hour-long wait due to a signal fault during which some youngsters decided to impress me and my friends with their knowledge of English chart songs. While the locals sold king coconuts with a generous helping of arrack added to help pass the time. I seem to recall it cost about 50p to travel from the capital to Galle. I assume there are newer trains, faster track and higher fares these days. Good to see some of the stations built by British Railways engineers back in the Ceylon days remains. My concern is whether any of the mainlines would have a busy-enough service for a TSW Timetable but otherwise, I'd love the beautiful island of Sri Lanka in TSW.