Resolution Setting Broke My Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 777Gaming, Nov 10, 2019.

1. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Hi, so basically, I loaded up TS2020 this morning, and it loaded up fine, in the 1920x1080 screen resolution. I went to change it in TS settings, because I wanted to record the game. I set the game to windowed mode, and then resolution 1680x1050, because that was the highest setting. The game asked to restart so the changes could take affect like normal, so I restarted it. But when I did, I got the regular splash text, then... nothing. the TS tab was on the taskbar, so clicked it and... nothing. I could here the menu sounds ad stuff, but there was no picture. So I don't know if there is an isssue with the 1680x1050 resolution with windowed mode or what, but I can't play TS2020. Please help if you can.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

You might lose your settings with this but if you go to Steam\SteamApps\Railworks\Content and delete PlayerProfiles.bin it should rebuild in a default config. Maybe backup your train sim folder first..

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It might be that when you windowed it, the program was then somewhere out of screen view

you might be able to bring it back by holding windows key and pressing the left or right arrow keys (this is a windows shortcut that moves programs left and right, so if you hold windows and press the left arrow the program will move half a screen left, ditto the right arrow)

• Helpful Helpful x 1