Rhein Rhur Osten(missing Cab Car?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Jul 11, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I don't own this route yet but while watching a youtube video i noticed on the timetable select screen that even though the 143/146/182/185.2/185.5/422/155,locos are on the roster there no dopplestock 766 or 767 Dbpzfa control car,shouldn't one of these be on the options list because i saw them on the route when it was being shown in action?

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are present on the route but for some unknown reason you can’t drive them. All services using them are driven from the locomotive.

3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

These services are performed by locos due to steep inclines on the rest of the (real) route. Hopefully this helped. :)

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is still a loco attached when driving from the cab car, so steep inclines make no difference.

5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Well that's what google told me. So Google's wrong. I'm fully aware it makes no difference but it was on the DB officialwebsite so....I went with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Hmmm,well i wonder why passenger trains don't get a 2nd locomotive maybe one on both ends or a banker locomotive to help,now i have seen videos of german trains with a locomotives on both ends,so it not a unrealistic idea.heck uk passenger trains use locomotives on both ends regularly so it's not unheard of.i have already found a sneaky little way to get a 2nd locomotive when the train is being lead by the cab car driven on msb(but you can get a 2nd locomotive on either end),it will play havic with most other traffic on the route but that not my problem.this is on a xbox one(plus my xbox not in anyway moded,no cheat codes of any kind)I have found a way to use the games over aggressive track section block signals against itself.Which allows me to get my extra locomotive,but it does require that trains be facing certain directions to get it to work correctly so it can be a mixed bag when doing it,but when it works your passenger train feels amost like a german ICE with how fast it goes,almost.Part of the fun of almost any game is finding things you can do ingame the designers never thought anyone would even think of trying to do.