Riesa - Dresden, Missing Rolling Stock...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w.lichko, May 8, 2021.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

The newly announced Bahnstrecke Riesa-Dresden includes these four trains; BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2, and the MRCE BR 185.5.
    However, all the stock has been recycled, which is disappointing, to say the least. In my view, a route has to offer a new driving experience…
    Yes, the Dostos and BR 442 will be painted in the VVO livery, plus the BR 442 included is the 3-car variant, but, at least ONE new loco/EMU would have been enough especially for those you own nearly all the DB stock, like me :)

To be honest, I can’t really complain about 3 brand new routes for the price of one, I’ve no problem with that whatsoever. Also, I do understand it takes time, effort, and investment, it’s just the lack of refreshingly NEW rolling stock/driving experiences is what frustrates me, considering the latest German route and upcoming Scottish route don’t offer much entirely new either.

For example, it would have been nice to have the;

BR 146.0 (TRAXX 1), instead of the BR 146.2
    unnamed.jpg

BR 189, instead of the MRCE BR 185.5
    22755546210_748331f751_b.jpg

IC2 (146.5 + TWINDEXX-Vario coaches), instead of the incorrect BR 101 layer.
    5423a8231c97c8a41382b7aa33a0c550.jpg
    DB162661-e1580202450550.jpg

ICE T, instead of the incorrect ICE 3M layer (although I believe the ICE 3M layer is a placeholder for a future ICE T add-on)
    db-ice411075.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

We don't quite know the exect year the route is set in, so a BR 101 layer isn't necessarily incorrect. (besides that there often are BR 101's standing in for broken down IC2 sets on the line).

The BR 406 layer however, is incorrect, but I too think it's a placeholder for an ICE-T. Matt himself wants to do the ICE-T and there definetely is demand for it.

I also hope we'll one day see the 189 and 146.0. They're both really interesting locos, with the 146.0 having sounds like the BR 101 and the 189 as one of the most powerful multisystem locos in Germany. I've included both of these locos in my Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín suggestion.

• Like Like x 4
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and I do have a route for the DB BR189 the Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway where the DB BR189 comes in two versions the one with buffer and chains the other one has a yellow triangle warning for C-Akv couplers. If Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway is made owners of Riesa-Dresden can have the DB BR189 of DTG decided not to copy and Paste RRO BR185 MRCE layered there. The other Option for including DB BR189 for Riesa-Dresden is having DTG make Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway first then that route gives DB BR189 as a layer for Riesa-Dresden. It's been that way since Rapid Transit giving Main Spessart Bahn DB BR182 freight service and Main Spessart Bahn giving SKA HMA HRR Dostos and freight

• Like Like x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

While I can see that the mentioned trains would be fitting, I just don't see how getting 4 appropriate stock, some with new liveries, one with a new 3 car set, with the longest route track wise in the game, together with 2 long other routes, and each of those two with two rolling stocks, some of them completely new for TSW2, for the price of the lackluster Hamburg Lübeck line is "dissapointing to say the least".

This is a hella good bundle, give it a rest with asking for more atop of more while spending less on it as well.
    Would you have rather taken Riesa to Dresden without any branches, with the 189 and a recycled 146? Because this is kinda the standard of what would get released now. Single line, one new-ish train, one old train. For 29,99€.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. jolojonasgames

Yes, there is truly little to complain about for that price. I'm genuinely amazed at all the branches on Riesa - Dresden. This route will easily outshine others of done well.

• Like Like x 3
  6. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I absolutely disagree about the IC2. The BR101 is, in my opinion, the best DLC so far for TSW. Right now we only have one route with BR101 layers (HRR) and at the time of Riesa-Dresden release we will have two layers (HBL as well). We can either have a DTG-level of quality IC2 (most likely current BR146 sound and physics) or we can ("head canon" or intended timeline) have the BR101 which would have been fully realistic less than five years ago.

EDIT: I confused Bahnstrecke Berlin-Dresden with Dresden-Liepzig but either way exchanging the BR101 would be a downgrade in realism in my opinion since I prioritise driving realism over service realism.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

We still don't know if the route isn't set 5 years ago. It may very well be set in 2015-ish, where the BR 101 is fully realistic and you can also see BR 182s substituting on S-bahn services.

8. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Definitely agree, for the price this is one of the highest value routes we’ve got, and considering the ICE layer will also be available because it comes from the base game, the only extra layer will be £11.49.

It’s also one of the highest mileage routes in the game too thanks to the branches.

HBK is something I’d say is too much of the same and doesn’t offer anything that any other German route doesn’t, but Dresden - Riesa would be a no brainer at £24.99, never mind in a bundle of 3 routes for that price.

9. cwf.green

I didn't even notice that wording. Yikes. Might be wise to get some perspective, lol.

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The one I'd really want to see would be the 146.0. Even more than that... a 5-car Talent. These are iconic for the route, RE50 runs MAINLY 5-car Talents, having them and not the 3-car ones would be less of a hiccup. 146.2 instead of 146.0 is... bearable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jolojonasgames

I personally don't mind the Talent 2 length, even though 5-car would be more realistic. Same goes for the 146.2 and not the 146.0, although I'd love the 146.0 because of it's different sound (more like the BR 101) and the many advertisement liveries it wore/wears on the Dresden S-bahn (I actually included it in my Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín suggestion for that reason).

All in all though, the rolling stock isn't unrealistic, just a but unrepresentative.

12. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just had a thought regarding the MRCE 185.5 which is apparently coming with this route....

What if it's not just a straight port from Rhein-Ruhr Osten? But rather, it will come in a different livery or be a different variant.

What I mean by this is that I could come in an alternative livery like this:
    [​IMG]
    Or it could be a entirely different version of the 185.5 like this:
    [​IMG]
    Now I don't know whether DTG have already confirmed that the 185.5 on this route will be the same as the one from RRO, but just something for you guys to think about.

Sources:

https://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1405330&id=5201&action=dview

https://karow900.startbilder.de/nam...loks~E-Lok~BR+185.5/digitalfotografie/72.html

• Like Like x 1
  13. jolojonasgames

I really like that livery, so let's hope it at least comes with that new livery :).

14. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Monder the BR 146.2 is not unrealistic. This loco also runs on the S-Bahn Dresden on the S1 and S2 (only a few, the most locos are still a BR 143 or BR 146.2)

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Interesting thought. That hadn‘t occured to me. If that were to happen, I‘d hope for this livery:
    The combination of black, white and red looks gorgeous to me.

16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Does it have a different sound? I only know about the different front made to withstand worse crashes (from what I know, 146.0 should protect the driver hitting a truck at 100 km/h, while the newer 146.2 front shape can protect him up to 120 km/h crashes (based on tests)). Nothing about the drivetrain I am aware of. I admit the advertisement liveries are amazing, I always love bumping into Schloss Wackerbarth.
    [​IMG]
    Can you provide me with some photos? I haven't been to Dresden in nearly two years (thanks, covid...) and back then I have only seen 146.0s there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jolojonasgames

As requested, the photo's:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    146 205 and 146 206, in nearly the same spot, at nearly the same angle. (Source: Bahnbilder.de)

[​IMG]
    146 206 again (I don't know how many 146.2's the Dresden S-bahn has, but not many I believe). (Source: Bahnbilder.de)

I fully understand you didn't know, the locos are a recent addition to the Dresden S-bahn fleet, being introduced in 2020 (which also means we pretty much know the era it will be set in, though DTG apparently doesn't care that in 2020 the BR 101 wasn't running on Riesa - Dresden anymore).

As for the sound of the 146.0, it is quite different to that of the 146.2, see (and hear) the video below.

The 145 and 146.0 were developed with very similar/same traction equipment as the BR 101, which was also made by AdTranz, hence the similar sounds. The thought behind that is that it would make maintenance standardised between the 145, 146.0 and BR 101. The later TRAXX family used different traction equipment as far as I know.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, they really sound quite a bit different :o

19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

All I see are high entry dostos!
    No, jokes aside, I also did not know that. I thought that sound was exclusive to the 101. It has since the announcement of the 101 back then been my favorite loco sound and was thrilled to hear it being implemented perfectly by Maik.

• Like Like x 1
  20. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So, the Talent 2 that runs on this route is the 5 car version?

21. jolojonasgames

Both 3 and 5-car talents operate the route.

22. cwf.green

Interesting. If we compare the video you posted to the following video of a departing BR101:

they sound almost exactly the same. Perhaps we could get a "Expert-Line" BR146.0 in the future, by TSG? ;)

• Like Like x 3