Rivet Games Announcement.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeanmarc094, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see an F7 on the list.

• Like Like x 3
  2. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

Yes having an F7 in TSW2 will be excellent, although I hope we wont once again see a reuse of the F7 sounds from Train Sim which are super old at this point!

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I visited Arosa once by train. It is a gorgeous route and very exciting. We already have the TS2020 version of it, which is quite good. Looking forward for a TSW version.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that too, good to see that's been addressed

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They are either telling the truth, or frantically reworking the station to get it right as we speak lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

As we already have IOW for TS2020, I would have liked Rivet or someone to do the IOM routes.

The heritage route from Douglas to Port Erin and the Electric Tramway which runs from Douglas to Ramsey, would be wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Have those guys at Rivet, no imagination!!!

IOW and Arosa have been developed before. Why can’t they excite us with something new and inventive.

The Glacier Express from Zermatt via Chur to St. Moritz would have been excellent, inventive and exciting. They would also make more money with a different route too, than they will by issuing repeated routes.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

I agree with Rudolf , especially when it comes to the Netherlands, there is no official dutch content for either TS nor TSW, except for the Retro Canvas Route for TS, but though it's a great route it's not fully self-contained for the scenarios.
    I have made up my mind: I will not be buying TSW2 until it introduces some dutch content, until then I will enjoy Chris trains and Dutch Classics trains in TS

9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

As someone who hasn’t played Train simulator, these are new routes for us! I don’t think imagination has anything to do with it as Isle of Wight will be their first TSW route. Maybe after they get used to the tools they can go a little out of their comfort zone.

• Like Like x 5
  10. matthewbguilford

Sadly you might be waiting a while for any Dutch content as that’s not a country they usually make routes from, I bet some time in the future we will get one but I think you will be waiting a long time.

11. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Pretty happy with the announcements made regarding Rivet. More exited with the Isle of Wight in all honestly, as long as they pull it off to a good standard!

The TS version definitely needs a revamp to modern standards so hopefully this will do it justice for TSW; while also seeing how a 3rd party route is for TSW too.

Regarding the other announcements made in the roadmap (DTG wise), the future looks promising/exciting and because of the good roadmap, I did purchase TSW2. Well done Sam, given me a lot more confidence in TSW2 because of the roadmap. Let’s hope it becomes a very useful tool for us all!

• Like Like x 3
  12. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

"Have those guys at Rivet, no imagination!!!"
    To be fair they've already done the research.
    Researching new routes under lockdown isn't that easy.

I'll buy Arosa for TSW2 but not for TS.

• Like Like x 5
  13. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The more DTG admits developers as good as RIVET, the more good DLC for TSW2. Since RIVET's first creation for DTG was the DB BR 204 shunter, I'll be hoping that they'll bring us more along that line.

14. matthewbguilford

I agree with you! Not only will 3rd party developers give us more content. Having a fresh view from developers on the content they can create for TSW2 is a great thing and more 3rd party developers the better. It’s also good because the more people that use the development tools the more developers can share with each other tools and tips on things. For example if DTG is struggling with a certain project, the 3rd party developers might have insight to share and vice versa. Definitely a great and exciting thing!

• Like Like x 2
  15. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

Also 3rd party devs are more likely to bring us longer routes, as they have more time to dedicate to one single project. Bringing in experienced 3rd party devs is something this game has needed from the beginning, and it's fantastic to see it happening properly.

• Like Like x 6
  16. matthewbguilford

Since Rivet games announced the DB204 for TSW I had been hoping to see a route from them as their Train simulator content looks great. Excited to see their first route is Isle of Wight and happy to see the Arosa line from them on the roadmap!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ColinM_Rivet

ColinM_Rivet Member

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member