Train Sim World 3 Rivet Games Uk Route Expansion Pack Speculation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gwrfan#3416, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

yes I know but it was better

2. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Yea, I agree. I'd prefer Desil but we can only wait and see. We can only speculate on what is getting worked on, if it's not in the roadmap them it's merely a suggestion. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

I have a Horrible feeling they will Expand West Cornwall adding the class Jubilee from Spirit of Steam as a Vintage rail they did it in South Eastern High Speed Extended.

Hopeful if they do expand West Cornwall it just might save it from being one of the worst routes in train sim world as a whole

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's been explained that "Expansion pack" means differing gameplay using existing assets rather than a route extension or new locos etc
    So I wouldn't be counting on many (if any) more miles of track

5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

It is something Steam powered and set in the 2010 +/- period. Any other speculations would therefore be incorrect.

6. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Maybe adding the steam railtours to cathcart? With afew other improvements such as lighting/etc

• Like Like x 1
  7. rtrainfan#3942

rtrainfan#3942 New Member

I hope it is the iow steam railway and it could be an extension to iow 2022

• Like Like x 3
  8. rtrainfan#3942

That would be cool. Hopefully that could include a class 320

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Except it's not that. It's no new track or a new locomotive. It's a gameplay pack like diesel legends where existing trains were reused.

10. rtrainfan#3942

Oh ok. I'm excited to find out what it will be then. :)

11. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

You know what, after seeing the speculation for what Rivet's upcoming route is, in the light of yesterday's teaser (Possibly Edinburgh-Glasgow/Dunblane), I think I now have a good as to what the steam expansion is going to be...

...it will be for this upcoming route, and it will be related to the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway.

You see, this heritage line has a main line connection at Manuel, at place that just so happens to be along this speculative route. Now if Rivet have done up this line in full, while it is possible that they might simply layer stuff from existing add-ons onto this part, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually save it from some kind of expansion that involves this area of the route, and considering that these expansions tend to just reuse stuff from existing route in different livery/version/etc, Rivet could take the 8F from Spirit of Steam and do it up in the guise of WD 554, which the railway has and is restoring right now, along with maybe a couple of diesels alongside.

Again, this is all depended on whether the B&KR is done up fully with this route, or the tracks have been laid for it, but is just awaiting scenery for this expansion. But I feel like the stars are aling here and I think I starting to get a good idea as to what this steam expansion will be, but let's wait and see on that.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I actually just wrote about this on the Rivet Teaser thread over in the PC Discussion forum, came to the exact same conclusion! Would be amazing if they end up doing this.

13. WonterRail

• Like Like x 2
  14. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

On train simulator classic the route map looks like this
    811238F6-FC48-4681-9319-165781337901.jpeg

15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Regarding the “Christmas” lights on the Jubilee, is there any realistic precedent for this? Just struggling to imagine why they would include this rather unusual addition to the loco ;) sure hope we can also drive it without the lights. And there would have to be a lot more content in the pack to justify calling it an expansion. If this is indeed West Cornwall Local, perhaps the Falmouth branch?

16. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Furthermore, Bo’ness have their own Railtour company based there so this could be a big part of it.

17. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is likely not happening. The expansion pack teaser screenshot with the viaduct is now 100% confirmed to be from West Cornwall Local (look at the Rivet Teaser thread in the PC Discussion subforum for more details).
    There’s obviously still a (small) possibility the heritage line will be included, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you considering the main route is already insanely long compared to Rivet’s past work. Only a dedicated expansion pack could have justified (and financed) building the branch line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rennekton#1349

Dtg have already explained an expansion pack is a diesel legends pack. No new track or locomotives so no falmouth branch. Adding track would be a route pack or have extension in it like sehs.

19. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Would've beena good idea, could redo the livery and physics on the 314 to make 614209 hydrogen train, not happening now but maybe in the future

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rail Runner

The thing I noticed on insta this morning was the flags used for the photographs. It had the Scottish flag for the 385, English flag for the jubilee, German for the semaphore and American for the acella. It seems we won’t get the Bo’ness after all :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Plans thanks to a guy on the xbox discussion part of the dtg tsw forum it is going to be for west cornwall local as he found the exact bridge from the shot and its south of austell.

22. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

Here is the original post that told me where the bridge was from. I think it me be railtour services on wcl with gwr diseiels as it wouldn't work with regional sprinters.

23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As we don’t yet know the full details, it could range from a simple addition of a steam railtour to the current WCL timetable with a few scenarios right up to a full steam timetable for the route plus scenarios. I would put quite a hefty bet on it being closer to the former, as the word railtour was used in a promo. It’s not quite just an added layer as the train does appear to have some embellishments which would make it similar to the RhB Anniversary pack that Rivet did for Arosa but potentially with a smaller amount of added content than that pack had. As reported in another post it appears the original route has also had some work done on it to coincide with the release, similar to fixes etc that came at a similar time to the Arosa pack.

24. WonterRail

The update that came today also came with two new depots, from having looked at the steamdb. The one that I want to bring up here is for depot 2101389, which has a download size of 444.19 MiB.

I'm bringing this one up here because I believe this is the depot for Rivet's mystery steam pack for West Cornwall Local. Hopefully, it's not much longer until we find out what it is exactly.

EDIT: From having booted up the game for the first time since the update, the service count for West Cornwall Local now shows 102 services (it was 98 beforehand).
    [​IMG]
    This means that A: The new steam pack is for WCL and B: That it will add 4 new services to the route, which also doesn't bode particularly well for how this thing is going to turn out.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  25. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Regarding the service count: Really not sure how representative this is. The values don’t seem to match up with the actual service count at all, which is much higher even if you don’t have any additional layers. This is visible at the end of the hour-long video I posted in the WCL Surprise PIS thread some time ago, which was recorded on the patch that was made available to all players today, as it turns out.

26. Rail Runner

Two new depots?

• Like Like x 1
  27. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Storage depots, not train depots, mind you ;)

• Like Like x 1
  28. Rail Runner

Oh hahaha. I got a little bit of hope for a second haha.

• Like Like x 1
  29. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Looks like we might be getting this pack sooner than we thought.
    Version notes for the newest PS4 update state “Support for ‘West Cornwall - Steam Special’ release”.
    upload_2023-1-15_19-43-39.jpeg
    (apologies for the bad quality of the picture)

• Like Like x 2
  30. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Yep I seen that too.
    Screenshot_20230112-141515_Gallery.jpg

31. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

I guess next route from Skyhook is Riviera line.I saw Artwork from Tom Conell with Class 42 and this was Teignmouth Station with two Viaduct- one small and one big.I dont no -i think right.Riviera line is no long 30-40 miles.

32. spamcanfan#4357

spamcanfan#4357 Member

But it's post 2011

33. spamcanfan#4357

spamcanfan#4357 Member

The code says so

34. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Wouldn't match the route code.

Also GWR have retracted their licence since GWE. Unless DTG have kept the re-aquirement silent, it's not likely to be the Riviera.

35. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

Was the route THAT bad that GWR backed off

36. rennekton#1349

Gwe was actually really good for its time. Came with 3 new trains (commuter, high speed, freight). GWR probably backed off for various reasons irrespective of the game. After all, the operator has control over the licensing agreement and can end it any time for any reason which means dtg can't create any routes that use the license.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  37. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

38. Bravo2six

I don't know the reason why, But i know thats why WCL is set in the 90s.
    It could be anything from cost of renewal, to rival deal, to actually, we don't want to partake.

It's impossible to say, but I know that SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) had a HUGE doccument of little details that had to be met for that licence, so who knows.

39. oakleymoss#1362

ok. TBH GWE is one of my favourite routes since I started playing TSW in 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  40. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Didn’t really think about this until now, but perhaps the WCL Steam pack will come with a layer for Rivet’s Glasgow-Edinburgh route as well?

Might not be 100% accurate if the included train has some sort of Cornish nameplate, but you can always use the railtour excuse with these old locos. Just generally think it makes sense to include a layer because they’re developing both DLCs at the same time and will likely be releasing them in close proximity.

41. oakleymoss#1362

as far as I know, Scottish Express isn't recivng any layers but I could be wrong on that. I have heard that layers will be mentioned in an upcoming article. I'll link it here once it has been released..

42. Bravo2six

Doubt it, but it's possible