Roadmap Update - 1st June 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 1, 2021.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Question for Adam.

How do you and your Team decide in what order to revise the Preserved Collection?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Curious about this as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Question for the stream or forums:

Would you mind releasing the ECW upgrades which am I assuming correctly should be finished but not released for nearly half a year now (!) at least alongside Cathcart Circle?
    I mean, we do the QA anyway, so you could skip that... :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Question for the Stream

When the Main Spessart Bahn gets its update, will the DB BR 204 get its update too? Or do we have to hope for the mercy of Rivet?

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Just watching the stream and I think it’s unprofessional for Sam to be calling out Adam in public (talking about level crossings).

Whether Adam is right or wrong, it should be spoken about in private.

• Like Like x 3
  6. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Do you really believe the sounds are ever gonna be fixed?

• Like Like x 4
  7. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

What is the current situ on the HMA layers, its been awfully quiet recently

• Like Like x 2
  8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think you are very close to explaining why the Class 313 has just been delayed, and put back into development. I think that you will find that the story is something like this..........:

When the Class 313 (in the guise of a Class 314) was run, in the last couple of weeks, on Cathcart Circle, it was found to have extremely poor performance issues - to such an extent that they lifted the six-car formations from the regular services, so that you don't have a situation when as many as twelve vehicles contribute to crippling the FPS (two six-car formations passing each other), even further than now.

On ECW, the Class 314.... sorry,... I mean Class 313.... might have to pass a 12-car Class 377, or a freight train. So they now have to solve that for ECW.... and I don't think you will see the Class 313 on ECW until the issues with it have been resolved.

When the performance drag of the Class 313/314 is solved for ECW, I think you will find that shortly afterwards the Class 314 on Cathcart will be given the same tweaks, and that six-car Class 314 trains will return to Cathcart.

This is, of course, just a story. But the good news is that everyone will live happily ever after. ;-)

NB: It would be interesting to see if Scenario Planner can be set-up with the Class 314, and a bunch of Class 377s passing in the other direction, as a four-car, eight-car, and then twelve-car... to see what happens to the FPS.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  9. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

As others have mentioned, it's a shame the 313 has been pushed back but happy if it means it's not buggy. This is my personal opinion but I'm hoping sometime next year we'll get a new route that the 313 can be used on too i.e. West Coastway to fully take advantage of the new rolling stock. East Coastway is my favourite route by far but as it feels like we've waited forever, the novelty of driving the 313 on the same route I've driven countless times has worn off a bit for me (though maybe I've played it too much haha). ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Any news on the Arosa timetable?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

That was an interesting stream. It seems to be a rule that the roadmaps where little changes are often the ones where more interesting topics gets discussed in the stream, for me at least. Hopefully the rush hour roadmap streams won't drift too far from this format.

• Like Like x 1
  12. junior hornet

They didn’t answer the question that I posed in the forum. When they go over to the Rush Hour Roadmap, are we going to be left in the dark about third party development such as Rivet Games Penzance route and various locos being developed by third parties?

• Like Like x 1
  13. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Obviously this is a guess, but it's based on what they do now...

The answer is no. They will likely be mainly focussed on the core update, the rush hour routes, the upgrade from 4.23 to 4.26 etc but this won't exclude the "general questions" section (usually the last half hour of the stream) when they talk about much much more

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

One thing that people don't seem to talk about much on these posts is that the summer update does include a major core revision update (4.23 to 4.26) and I am sure that is a lot of work in itself, checking everything that works now (or works as well as DTG have made it which obviously isn't the same thing) still works after that update.
    DTG have a lot of DLC, assets and systems to ensure they work when people get the core update and to me this is as important as making sure that the new routes (and no doubt new systems and capabilities) all work well and look good
    A lot of the time on stream last night was spent explaining what is going to have to wait until after the summer update, and I would expect that much of the fix releasing will not be possible until the core update

• Like Like x 7
  16. matinakbary

Yeah you're right ARuscoe !

And also: What advantages does 4.26 have compared to 4.24? Surely optimasation etc. But are there any certain special features that 4.24 did not have? I think it was said that this upgrade is important for steam locos, isn't it? :)

17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Got some answer during the stream, but I felt the answers not very to the point. At the moment there is a huge backlog of serious and not so serious issues. Maybe not all of them need to be fixed, but in general I think not enough is done yet, despite all good efforts of Adams team, to get even the important issues with recent releases fixed. I know with software it always is difficult to make a proper distinction between what should have a higher priority, but to give a few examples for Clinchfield:

- There is no manual. Stopping to create written manuals is one thing but the ambition to provide youtube tutorials for at least each engine type is lagging behind and even for new routes, these tutorials are not available at release date or shortly afterwards. Also, I do not have the feeling anything is done with the feedback the community gave on these tutorials and on the the topic manuals in general. DTG may have listened, but at least I have no idea if this had any impact.
    - During the preview stream Matt has shown us that you could use the external cameras in the tunnels again. For Clinchfield this is an important feature because of the long train lengths and the huge amount of tunnels. We have no clue if this is ever going to be fixed or that chances to get a fix someday should not be expected. To a certain extent it is OK to say we should never expect a fix for an issue. But we, the customers, are left completely in the dark on what is going on.

Add to this the statement Adam made, make sure to file a ticket for customer service. I stopped doing this.It is rather time consuming to do so, I and I have no idea if other people submitted similar tickets. We cannot search the tickets, so we may be creating huge piles of tickets (I typically send 5-10 bug reports on each route I buy, my guess is that each official support ticket will cost round Euro 10, so this is a very expensive way of collecting feedback, while, as submitter the best answer I may get is we send it to the developers and we assume you are happy now. Well, I am not. If customer service is there for my interest, I expect an answer that is either: we will not fix it or an answer we are very sorry and we will fix it in the next update, which you may expect ....

There would be no reason for me to complain and I do not like doing so, because TSW2 is absolutely my favourite game. But the total amount of bus is huge and many of them are caused by sloppyness and this really must be improved and ca be improved. Fixing an issue before release is much cheaper than fixing the same issue after a release.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ARuscoe

From what I've seen 4.26 is a "bridge update" to 5.0, and will likely be the last major update to UE4

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  19. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

will the shunter on RSN ever be fixed because i cant do the dostos shunting. i set off to do the job and stop on the marker but then it never gives me a blue path to the dostos. ive tried the 2nd and 3rd part to this journey and i never get the instructions or blue track line

20. ARuscoe

If it doesn't give the path then that's usually because it's not registering your stop... If it's a "blue circle stop" then make sure your HEAD is in or past the blue dot rather than the front of the loco as it's where the stop is counted. (and past that at least one part of the loco / consist has to cover the blue area otherwise it's not going to count)

21. junior hornet

The question is in the post: i.e
    “When they go over to the Rush Hour Roadmap, are we going to be left in the dark about third party development such as Rivet Games Penzance route and various locos being developed by third parties?”

22. matinakbary

junior hornet I think the answer is easy:

At the moment we know exactly who develops what for TSW. Sam said the rolling stock for Penzance should be included in the next roadmap. As long as we don't see any screenshots by Rivet, we know it's in development. Same thing for the TSG and and SHG stuff: No screenshots = in production; screenshot: release is near, but probably still WiP. There isn't exactly a lot going on concerning 3rd party stuff. Everything's in development as long as the release is officially announced. And still - the roadmap streams could still cover 3rd party IF there is something newsworthy.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  23. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Earlier in a thread (I think the one named Penzance to Truro and St Ives) Jasper I believe from rivet said that one train was new for west Cornwall local (150, presumably) and other# would be reused (HST in FGW I hope).

• Like Like x 2