Roadmap Update - 6th April 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 6, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Another reason to think that, if they do California and not the NEC again, the Feather River route (California Zephyr) makes more sense, since it's all UP's brands (Western Pacific, Southern Pacific) Or even the modern Amtrak Zephyr, which again runs on UP track.

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

How‘s it looking from a timetable perspective (both vintage and modern)? Is it busy enough that DTG would consider it or is it one of those 1-2 trains per day deals?

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

When I meant broken I meant buggy. Also to be fair the ATC acknowledge on the M3 is broken because when you press the button, the emergency breaks apply which is what it's not supposed to do. I guess my interpretation of broken is different from yours. My issue is that they finished the fixes two months ago meaning they had the whole of March to test it and see if it works properly since nothing came out in march.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  4. tallboy7648

They gain nothing but lose faith in the community when they say fixes are done for a route two months ago but have yet to be released or even tested because of some weird scheduling factor which makes no sense. Poor organization. The LIRR is full of bugs that may even get new players who may be interested in the route to get a refund if they buy it because of all the bugs thus losing potential customers. I am glad the fixes are done (even though this mess could've been avoided had proper testing been done before release) but the fact that it's taken this long is to me is unacceptable.

5. tallboy7648

So I assume this event was made by dtg and by what was said in the stream, the event is to basically attract new customers into the sim

6. tallboy7648

To be fair the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner is in ts2021 so maybe it's a potential route that can be done but as a Amtrak only route

7. solicitr

It makes perfect sense, if you pay attention to what Sam and Adam have to say in the streams.
    Refer to my post here:

8. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

This may be a dumb question, but why are the the preservation crew looking at Bakerloo, when it's not a preserved route?

Also, will the trophy problems with IOW ever make it to the road map? Rivet say it is a problem you are looking at, but as it's not on the roadmap, I think they are just passing the buck (or just plain lying... I'd like to hope i's just a misunderstanding)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I guess if they wanted to change things up, they could add some services for the Amtrak Yard at Redondo Junction for setting up Amtrak Surfliner and the 3 long distance Amtrak trains that depart from LAUPT (Coast Starlight, Southwest Chief, and Sunset Limited). Would be a chance to reintroduce the SW1000R or bring in the P32-8BWH.
    71954_04.jpg

Still means that places like Hobart Yard would have no activity except for static freight cars.....

EDIT: There would however be a lack of DLC that could come with an Amtrak centric route. Both Metrolink and Coaster are out of the question (Unless something changes with Licensing) BNSF is out. And the Surfliner doesn't have much in terms of locomotives (They started with he F59PHI, but those have all been retired or sent to Metra) and they only run Siemens Chargers now. Guess there could be some Amtrak DLC with a P42, P32-8W, or SW1000R etc, but that isn't much either.

10. solicitr

Well, it has to do with a decision DTG made some while ago, which was that not only would TSW1 routes be ported over to TSW2 (the Preserved Collection), but also that those routes would be updated to add newer TSW2 features like grade crossings, PIS boards etc.

But if PC routes were to be updated to contemporary standard, then it would make little sense to leave older TSW2 routes like Bakerloo behind- and thus Adam's "Preserved Collection" team has been subject to mission creep, so that now they get "bug fixes and feature updates to all routes older than more than a bit."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Costpap

Costpap Member

Ah, I see. Thank you for the transparency on this matter. It is, without a doubt, appreciated. To be fair, I didn't watch the roadmap stream last night, so maybe I should have that before making such "bold" statements. While initially telling a customer that "there is no time to test this update" can be off-putting to them, explaining a little bit more, such as what was done here, definitely helps the situation in a positive way. Especially when they understand that it's a decision taken in good faith and that the situation will be fixed in the future. I have hope and faith in that the fact that this was brought up publicly will help make the situation on-hand better, primarily by some people becoming aware and hopefully showing empathy towards this. Sometimes people, including myself, forget that DTG is made up of humans as well, and that there is only a limited amount of them working on the game. Either way, as to not get repetitive, I heavily appreciate that this was addressed publicly and that the correct amount of priority which needs to be given will be given at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Costpap

Costpap Member

To be honest with you, the LIRR is the only non-base game route that I have, and while it is undeniable that there are bugs, I would not say that they're game breaking or anything more than an inconvenience. The route is playable, there is nothing that prevents you from getting from Point A to Point B. To be honest, I would rather receive the fixes late than never, as is commonly said in my native language. Because on the bright side, they are actually working on getting the fixes tested at some point, compared to never doing so. And as for the schedule, as previously mentioned, it has been explained. And even then, they have to make money some how in order to be able to push out new free updates, and releasing new, paid routes is what I'd assume to be a majority of that. As for the testing, well, it goes without saying that some of those issues may have been caught.

13. tallboy7648

Your expectations are clearly different from mines and there is nothing wrong with that :). Although I am a bit suprised that you don't find audio bugs that are clear as day or other clear issues annoying or a inconvenience. I haven't played lirr since it came out because of all the issues but hey that's me

Although I do think that this could've been avoided prior to release and I seriously hope that a system of porting routes to a separate package doesn't happen again because it seems to have just led to more problems. I just hope they update the base game yearly like they do in Train Simulator (Railworks). It's not as if dtg are short on cash that they have to charge players for what is effectively an update just to get continuing support and some new features

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

Right. You have repeatedly mentioned, over and over, that it has been seven months since LIRR was ported, and that this is "ridiculous" and "unacceptable"- what do you think you would be posting if LIRR had yet to be released at all while DTG tested and polished it to your satisfaction?

Macht nichts to me- I've only ever run the M7 tutorial, which was enough for me to know I'd never play LIRR. Not because of sounds or bugs, but because I find the route wholly uninteresting.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  15. Costpap

Costpap Member

Well, that's certainly true. As for the audio bugs, I have noticed some of them, such the ones involving the windows of the M7/M3. In those specific cases, I don't really open the windows while I play on the route, other than maybe at a terminal when stopped at a platform. As for other ones, I can't really think of audio issues which are vastly noticeable outside of terminals, which is not where I spend the majority of my time playing the route. But, to be honest, I don't care a lot about sound at the end of the day, as in, it doesn't make or break my experience if the sounds are slightly off. Sounds which are straight up significantly incorrect or missing would, but not the ones in LIRR.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I know that. He would say it was ‘ridiculous’ and ‘unacceptable’. Do I win £5?

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

No you don't because if the route came out properly even if the release had to be pushed back, I wouldn't complain

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

If the route had been released properly like it should've been, I (and probably a few others) would be satisfied. I don't mind waiting for a route to come out if it's gonna come out in a good state

• Like Like x 1
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh great so all they have to do is ignore any business schedules and yearly plans and just do what you want! Who could have guessed it was that easy?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Although they're called "The preserved crew" they're actually the post release development team (or some other similar name), so their job is to take existing content and bring it up to speed with the TSW2 we have now, either by adding in new content such as multiple timetables, working PIS, working crossings etc or by bug fixing
    They're not the only ones working on things that effect the older DLC though, any changes to the core game can and does effect the older DLC, and it's not unknown for something new being introduced which breaks something old, and when that happens it would be up to Adam's team to go in and fix the issue (and again bring the DLC up to speed)

• Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

I said I didn't mind if they did do that. Also tsw2 and sehs were delayed.

22. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

The MSB Audio fixes getting removed is like a punch to the face. So I guess the BR146 will remain unplayable regarding the audio?

• Like Like x 1
  23. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Nope its still coming

24. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You can still move the 146 as far as I’m aware , just don’t have any audio on when driving it

25. tallboy7648

I would say it's more of a immersion killer and for some that might be unplayable. The updates are coming though for the 146

• Like Like x 1
  26. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Sorry that I ask this question, but I’m not sure whether it was answered before: Are there any news about changing some freight services on german routes with waggons we got on other routs? E.G. container and coal waggons on MSB, or the shimmns (steel) and Roos (wood) from RSN on other routes? It would be a shame to see some of these beautiful waggons nowhere else then on their original route :[ And since DTtG is working on the MSB at this point: Is it possible to change the services from Aschaffenburg to Heigenbrücken with the Br425 since it was operating there in real life?
    Any news? Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Swisstrains

Oh, and where there any news about the waggons we get in HLL (or HHL, have no idea)?
    So I know there are Dostos, but which ones? New ones or recycled ones?

28. Coastway trainspotter

You mean HBL ? Probably the same German wagons we have already

29. Swisstrains

or HBL hahaha
    Well, since we got two different kinds of Dostos, we do not have the older generations. Since last year, there were still a few Dostos from the DR operating! And they would fit in perfectly with the Br112...
    But let’s wait, as Sam said: We will get the first new screenshots close after Clinchfield release

• Like Like x 1
  30. Coastway trainspotter

If some new Dostos will come with the route , I may well be tempted to buy it . But if we just get the same dostos , then I’ll give it a miss . I have a bad feeling it will be the same dostos as normal

• Like Like x 1
  31. Swisstrains

we will see... I would love to see them, here are a few official descriptions of the cab cars:
    1. DABuzfa760
    2. DABbuzfa 778
    3. DABpbzfa 762.0 (this one is still operating very often, for example in the Rhein-Main area)

• Like Like x 2
  32. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I'm pretty excited for the Rapid Transit update. A favorite route that was in serious need of an immersion update. 3x the traffic currently on it and moving vehicles should do the trick nicely. Seems like a busy couple of months ahead for people who like passenger. DB101, HBL, RT and LIRR upgrades. Then Cathcart and Rush Hour. Even though Cathcart may be one of the routes with Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 1
  33. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Why are MSB audio fixes removed from roadmap?

34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Because they have been done. No release date for the update they will come in yet or whether the work done is going to be up to our standards but it has been done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Swisstrains

so it could be released every day?

36. Swisstrains

so: No new Dostos. I guess there are only the old ones, but maybe they put in one with AFB?
    Not sure

37. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t expect it too soon because there is a long queue for testing and releases at DTG at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  38. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

But why it's in the "Removed from roadmap" section. If it's complete, and ready for release, it should be in "Next arrival" or "Upcoming" sections.

39. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

its in the Upcoming section MSB improvements

• Like Like x 2
  40. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll do the north east corridor Boston to providence line when they do another Amtrak route.

41. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

No AFB for any Dostos in germany

42. Swisstrains

sure? ok, sad :(

43. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Buggy? Oh most definitely. And as a frequent rider of the LIRR, yeah, very buggy. But also at the same time, not bad for a commercial sim on console. So much needs to not only be fixed, but added. As well as the line looking very different IRL now compared to when they were developing this originally.
    As for the M3 ATC bug you're having? I've never had that myself but, I do know that if your ATC goes off due to overspeed, you have to brake >50% and keep ot there until your at the MAS or else your train dumps regardless. If it's just when your standard alerter goes off, that's weird and I've never heard of that bug before. I'm on PS4. What are you on? And if you can give me more details, I may be able to help you figure this out as I believe it may not be a bug. I use to think there were bugs when I first started using German PZB. Lol.

44. tallboy7648

I play on Xbox Series X although I haven't touched the route since it came out. The bugs are a real immersion killer for me personally

• Like Like x 1
  45. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Alright, I didn't say anything then. Didn't know, that they are done now and waiting for the release. I interpreted it as them being removed and no longer being of relevance or being a priority or whatever..

• Like Like x 1
  46. mclitke

it has been passed to QA testing, but they have their hands full with upcoming releases that have higher priority over preserved crew work, so we will just have to be patient a little longer and hope that the sound at least comes close to what it was in TSW2020, where it was mostly fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the fixes for MSB and RT are released shortly before the 101 oder HBL is released.

48. mclitke

Personally I doubt that, but we will see.

Reason being that QA will be held up with testing for the 101 and HBL releases. And for all we know QA might find problems that Preserved Crew needs to fix again, who then send it back to QA.
    It was already mentioned that April has a busy schedule for QA, that's why I don't expect the preservation updates happening before the new content releases, shortly after would be my personal earliest estimate.
    Hopefully I get proven wrong ;)

49. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Maybe this is wishful thinking but surely DTG should prioritise game fixes and fixes to existing routes and then release them before releasing new DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  50. tallboy7648

This honestly would make more sense. Perhaps their policy should change

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4