Roadmap Update 8th December 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 8, 2020.

1. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

so the wrong train in use on the route is fine but to change it so that the wrong train gets replaced by the correct model with slightly different paintjob and the wrong interior would be too unrealistic? How does that make sense.

Well I guess you have a point. It is the same thing with ICE on HRR, we have the train and it is used there irl but no plan yet to add it retrospectively into timetable. Then again, we are told to voice our opinions and suggestions, and in a way it would fit right into the working field of preservation crew, in which to add new tech/functions to older content to bring it up to par. Why not ask for them to at least consider it?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The ICE also runs on RRO on the regional express tracks as part of ice services from Koln HBF via Wuppertal HBF and Hagen HBF to Berlin HBF. They could at least add ice services to rro and hrr even though they would be very short

• Like Like x 3
  3. mclitke

Exactly. Look, I really don't want to fight or anything, so I respect your opinion if your don't want the München 423 on SKA. But at least, like in the example of the ICE, where applicable with the exactly correct train, I belive the older routes would benefit alot in getting newer trains added lateron. The route does not really change, but you would be able to see more different trains along the way and can experience a route from a different viewpoint, even if ever so small. Now I have to setup a custom service in scenario planner and time all other trains in order to get something similar...
    Oh and layers on consoles is sadly still an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

It would be unrealistic to run a train on a route that doesn't run on it in real life. It would not be unrealistic if they added the correct train to the correct route with the correct paintjob, destination boards and interior.

5. tallboy7648

I don't wanna fight either but I agree with what your saying with the ICE.It would open up a variety of services for hrr and rro. Hopefully with next gen consoles, the layers wouldn't be a issue

6. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I'm just excited for the Clinchfield and Cane Creek routes. I've been dying for an F7, and UP trains in the US southwest are just iconic.

29758742750_78e7c7dbc0_b.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Very impressed to see how many bug fixes are on the roadmap now that the Preserved collection has been completed just like we expected. As someone who doesn’t use the livery editor I do hope the amount of work put into to making the Preserved collection work with the livery editor is worth it. I’m also glad to see DTG adding more starting markers onto routes for the scenario planner as more freedom is better for everyone. Very much looking forward to how TSW2 evolves over the next year and I can’t wait to get a PS5 and enjoy playing TSW2 in 60 FPS.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Delighted that we'll be able to customise the 377 and 66 liveries. Freightliner 66 here I come

• Like Like x 5
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Cane Creek is a big mystery for me as IRL it supposedly only has one service per WEEK. That does not sound like much gameplay.

• Like Like x 5
  10. tallboy7648

If that's the case for Cane Creek then I don't see why they are even making it nor would I see the point of even buying it all. The Cane Creek Branch as it's known by union pacific is 35.8 miles long

11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe there's also a chunk of mainline in it with more traffic?

• Like Like x 2
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG Natster Can you update on the points I raised in post 11 on this thread about the numerous fixes from the last roadmap and what has happened to them.

There have been differences to what is stated as fixed on the roadmap and what is in patch notes for updates throughout, but this time there is a very large number of fixes that have no record of being released and no mention of being fixed on the roadmap, despite being in next arrival two weeks ago. Have they been released at all?

This is on top of the things that were fixed and missed out of the last roadmap, which were also not in the patch notes or roadmap.

I think how the roadmap and patch notes list fixes and updates needs attention as they never match and there is now a huge number of fixes mentioned on the roadmap that have never been in patch notes and It’s very confusing.

• Like Like x 10
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I am sick of the current trend amongst developers (not just DTG by any means) to treat its paying customers as unpaid testers. Many of the bugs should have been picked up and fixed during testing prior to release. Barely a game or an app on any platform comes out without bug fixes appearing, within days sometimes. Often bug fixes are released regularly years after initial release (Microsoft Outlook for example has bug fixes just about every week on IOS). It should not be up to us to buy the product then point out the errors to the publishers/developers.

This did not happen in the days when programs were sold on disk or cartridge as the cost of replacing them to all customers would have been disastrous, particularly for smaller companies. The cheap option now is to skimp on testing and fix any problems later.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. tallboy7648

• Overview

• Brendel (MP 0.0)
      • Arch ( MP 10.3)
      • Lee (MP 18.3)
      • Seven Mile (MP 21.3)
      • Emkay (MP 28.5)
      • Potash (MP 35.8) (end)
    More Information

• 35.8 miles
      • Completed in 1962; in service in 1965 when the potash mine started operations
      • Connects with Utah Division at Brendel, Utah
      • 7050-foot Bootlegger Tunnel (1.3 miles)
      • Two significant summits - one at about mile 12, and the other on both sides of Seven Mile, at about mile 21.
      • Ruling grade is 1.2 percent
      • One siding at Seven Mile, which also has a separate spur with a truck dump.
    I got this from utahrailsnet.com/drgw/cane-creek-branch. This is route information of the Union Pacific Cane Creek Branch

15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

At times I feel like a unpaid tester as well. I don't get why companies do that imo. We should not be the ones pointing out issues that are clear as day in many video games including tsw2.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Oh my, this roadmap is quite the mess. The released section is missing entirely, LGV is in the wrong section, upcoming bugfixes have disappeared, and this is after it is supposed to have been revised and fixed. I think Sam must be on holiday.

I will not trust the position or descriptions of any of these items for now.

• Like Like x 5
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

He is indeed on holiday. For some reason DTG always seem to get themselves into an unorganised mess whenever he isn’t making sure things are going to plan.

Live scenes:
    upload_2020-12-8_19-39-33.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think there needs to be a clear record of the issues that have been fixed/released. It’s getting difficult to keep track of everything.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Ha ha. Love the live scenes.

21. tallboy7648

It doesn't make sense at all that because one person isn't around means they can't handle writing a roadmap

22. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Do you think that the Raildriver Support will work for console as well? Or just PC?

23. tallboy7648

ha ha that must represent dtg's marketing team lol

24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It does boggle the mind, but the evidence sort of speaks for itself. No Sam. Calamity ensues!

• Like Like x 2
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

They’ve said just PC.

26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I will only work with PC

27. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

what id like to see come onto the road map is gravity and physics looking at. After all what goes uphill should lose speed and what goes downhill gains speed, which it dose not happen in the routes i play on in the game.
    i ve mentioned this a few times now and all i get is it all depends on what end of the cab your driving from, which is a load of tosh! when i was a freight train driver what goes uphill should lose speed and what goes downhill gains speed, then you adjust speeds as necessary. in this game they have got gravity and physics the wrong way round and i find it annoying. i guess it will never come on the roadmap from what i see

• Like Like x 3
  28. tallboy7648

Maybe the workers need to be retrained because this is just silly

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Ah damn it! Another thing that Console misses out on :-(

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

Raildriver was made for pc only anyways so I don't know how they would get it to work on console

31. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

+1 here...
    And I don't really see so far that the situation is improving for released DLC's with the preserved collection team, there are so many things reported that don't even get mentioned let alone fixed. Sure, everything is fresh, so I will give them a bit more time to show what they can do, but I don't see some of the urgent issues adressed while other not really important stuff is put even on the road map in every detail :(

• Like Like x 2
  32. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

I purchased this game about a month ago and have only been playing Sand Patch Grade so far. On that route, I definitely don't experience what you're saying, and that route is nothing but hills.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I think it has to be PEI engineering who make it, would have to make drivers to work with the consoles. At this point considering you're not able to get one right now, I guess that would be the least of their worries for the meantime.

I was lucky enough to snag the last one in Canada a few months back, it makes driving much easier than with a keyboard.

• Like Like x 1
  34. BinaryRun

BinaryRun Active Member

DTG Protagonist

Hey Sam, can you re-add the "Developed by Maik Goltz" to his DLC? It somehow got removed, while the other DLC dev teams are still credited.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Not sure what routes you are playing but on Sand Patch Grade, I have had accidental runaway trains from not braking correctly, as well as having some trains slowed and 1 stalled up grade.

• Like Like x 2
  36. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I think Sam was the only reason why DTG were actually giving yes/no answers on the TSW2 pre release streams

• Like Like x 1
  37. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I actually don't get why the livery designer seems more urgent than the audio issues.It might not be true but ... hm

• Like Like x 13
  38. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

What's even more annoying is that the roadmap now includes things like adding destination boards to additional routes, etc., while there are still HUNDREDS of bugs that haven't been fixed.

Why don't they just fix the problems for once?

• Like Like x 3
  39. mclitke

According to Adam it involves different members of his crew to work on, while his sound guy is investigating (and actually training for improving) sound issues, his UI artist and environment artist can still work on something different.

• Like Like x 2
  40. tallboy7648

It's two different departments working on those things apparently. One department is working on pis and then there is the other department that is working on bugs.

41. tallboy7648

I really don't see it improving either which is a shame really

42. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

It will be the full train, lik the br182 with the dosto's

• Like Like x 1
  43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Was this information in the stream? Didn't have time to watch today

• Like Like x 1
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, Adam said that’s how they would be doing it. He also said it will be everything in each DLC being done together at the same time. So the first release is the Class 377, the ECW version of the Class 66 and the wagons that came with it. basically, everything native to ECW. Also, he said that there is no reason why they can’t do every item of preserved collection stock.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

One interesting part from the stream was the announcement of the Western region loco pack of 1970s vintage BR blue UK class 52 that is going to come out. Was meant to be on the roadmap but another omission. at 1:03.43 in the youtube video:

• Like Like x 6
  46. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Quite last minute then

• Like Like x 1
  47. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I guess we'll have to assume that all the fixes and improvements for SPG which were in the last "next arrivals" have been released in the game. No way of knowing except by playing the services I suppose.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  48. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They will either have been in the last update or they will be in the next one. As there was the small list of fixes from the released section of the last roadmap in the last update’s patch notes, I assumed that the big list in next arrival was yet to be released, so haven’t looked at any of them in game. We’ll find out one way or another.

49. tallboy7648

I agree

50. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

After the past few roadmaps, I think we may need another roadmap to document and track fixes made to the main roadmap!

• Like Like x 3