1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway

Discussion in 'Content Suggestions & Proposals' started by David Harrison, Mar 7, 2020.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison Member

13.5 mile-long narrow guage route located in the Romney Marshland in Kent
    Unique in the world
    12 Locomotives (10 steam & 2 diesel)
    15 in (381 mm) gauge
    13 Level Crossings
    6 Stations
    Hythe, Dymchurch, St Mary's Bay (R), New Romney, Romney Sands and Dungeness

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The way the game works is you get on a train and drive between two points.

If you were on the RH&DR you would drive the 13.5 miles and that would be it
    You would pass other trains going the other way but those would also be limited.
    There are no freight workings, there is only the limited amount of stock on the line with no chance of a visiting train.

Unlike a train set it does not give you the opportunity to drive all day with other trains passing.

Peter

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

to see steam locomotives like locomotives like Green goddess Northern chief Southern maid the bug Hercules Sampson Typhoon Hurricane Winston Churchil Doctor syn Black prince JB snell Captain Howey

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with the points you raise but the same could be said about, for example, the Isle of Wight route or Corris Railway and perhaps any DLC modelling a heritage line. I've got the Isle of Wight and it's a very pleasant time waster when you're in the mood. I think the RH&DR could be the same and well worth having at a reasonable price.

It has an interesting history as well. It ran troop trains during the war, one soldier with his kit per compartment, and had an armoured train that was credited with shooting down an enemy aircraft. It's thought that the pilot may have massively misjudged the range to the train because it was so small.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

My dislike of the RH&DR in the game would be it's limited use - you can drive up and down the line but that is

The Isle of Wight version 7 from UKTS is a lot better than the default RSC version
    IOW.jpg
    Peter

6. francescoferrigno12

francescoferrigno12 New Member

Genuinely hope that this happens, regardless of it being just a point A to B I would spend hours even days playing this route. Been there many times in person and would love to simulate it. I missed out on the old version but if it's made on here I would buy it and all the locos and rolling stock in a hearbeat!

7. j.burnitt14

j.burnitt14 New Member

Be a fantastic addition to the sim, something different to the usual style of DLC. A completely different way of operation compared to a mainline style route.

I myself have wanted to see the RHDR in TS20xx for a long time. I recently decided to give making some 15inch content a go. So far I have created a track loft, working turntable and some station assets including platforms etc. The only thing that sets me back is the ability to make a locomotive. I've made several attempts to create a loco but is too complex for my modeling and texturing abilities.

Jb,

8. budtheweiser

I've been on the RHDR when I've been away to Tenderden

9. budtheweiser

Great route and we hope it comes in to the game