Route Editor And Editor Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ferrovipathe67, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

hi everyone I have an idea for a route editor and editor train I propose a sharing system when a person makes a creation and in fact every week a person of the staff takes locomotive and route creation on the forums I propose the creation of a road and train creation disscution room and every Wednesday DTG takes 7 trains and 3 routes and go on sale Thursday at midnight on console and 18:00 on PC,the route creation system would be available on console and PC but for the creation of locomotive this will be available only on PC thank you if you like my system for sharing because some people don't really have an idea.

Ferrovipathe67

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Just the the 3 routes per week? Seems a bit mean.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Firstly, selling 3 routes and 7 trains a week wouldn't make much money. People don't have bottomless piles of cash and each week, this would cost £160 ish each week, assuming usual pricing. People aren't going to pay that much each week.

Secondly, it would take a long time before we get to having that many routes and locos releasing per week. It takes a long time for an experienced developer team to produce a single route, so inexperienced individuals could take a year or years to produce good content for the game.

Thirdly, there would be licencing issues. If there is a method for sharing routes and trains created in game, and DTG were to distribute these creations, they would need to be licenced. Some routes would end up in the bin even after fully developed because they cannot obtain the licences required for the content.

I think there are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't work.

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should try and break this down or just sarcastically laugh and follow up with a "no."...

Hahahaha, no.

• Like Like x 1