Route Idea Glasgow South 1975

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kelsound, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kelsound

kelsound New Member

I think this area out of Glasgow Central heading south would be fab with massive amount of classic stock inc 06,08,20,24,25,26,27,37,40,45,46,47,81,82,83,84,85,86,87, 303 and alsorts of classic DMUs inc 101 and the quirky 126.
    The area is massive so to cut it down maybe WCML to Motherwell or Carstairs but include Cathcart circle and maybe Mossend Yard and Shields Rd depot. Polmadie still had a the old building and nearby intermodal depot and private sidings such as BOC. DLC possibilities are massive. An alternative Glasgow South route would be towards Ayr. I have a signalling track plan from around that time but can't post it as copyright.

Other routes
    North Wales Coast 1978ish Chester -Llandudno and/or Bangor Classes 24,25,40,47,56 to PO Ayr DMU inc 101. Later services had more stock variety but lost the summer trains terminating at Rhyl and the 3rd track at Prestatyn was lifted in the 80s. Freight inc cattle, intermodal, ballast, vans, Irish mail etc

Japan (modern)
    Bullet train
    Commuter route
    Scenic railcar route-some really nice ones that even go through the streets

• Like Like x 4
  2. kelsound

kelsound New Member

Very happy they made part of my suggested route -sad it was set in later years as that restricts the type of stock to be seen and the 303 has proper windscreen compared with the 314 nevertheless still enjoying the route although more ai at Central desperatly needed to enhance it further

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Love the idea of including the Class 126 dmus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

trainsimplayer you are more local than me any idea which route this is?

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

From what I can see, it's the West Coast Mainline from Glasgow Central to Motherwell or Carstairs, (with Newton from Cathcart), and they've set the Ayrshire Coast Line up as an alternative option (no mention of the branches there)

The Cathcart Circle is also mentioned but the first reply mentions that already, of course, being made.

So it's Glasgow Central - Ayr, or Glasgow Central - Motherwell/Carstairs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Thanks, both routes I would like to see :)