Route In Spain: Renfe Cercanias Bilbao

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by volvolover1972, Dec 9, 2017.

1. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest the Renfe Cercanias lines of Bilbao (C1, C2, C3) to be added to TSW. I believe this is a perfect place to start for DTG in Spain because of the diversity and uniqueness of these routes. Overall, these routes are not that long. These routes also contain a diverse landscape, mountains, coast, and rural landscapes are all present somewhere within these routes. The Renfe Cercanias Bilbao lines are local/regional commuter lines that travel from the city (Bilbao) to towns within the area. Three lines are currently part of the network.
    Line C1: Bilbao Abando - Santurtzi (8 miles, 13km)
    Line C2: Bilbao Abando - Muskiz (11 miles, 18 km)
    Line C3: Bilbao Abando - Orduna (20 miles, 32 km)
    • Line C-1 - Trains each 30 minutes at early time in the morning and at late nights; trains each 20 minutes at peak times.
    • Line C-2 - Trains each 30 minutes at early time in the morning and at late nights; trains each 20 minutes at peak times.
    • Line C-3 - Two trains per hour early in the mornings at late at nights; up to three trains per hour at peak times.
    map.png
    This route itself is very diverse, as I've already mentioned. For example, Line C3 is very mountainous and scenic, while line C1 is all along the river and travels to the coast. Also the stations of Ametzola, Autonomia, and San Mames are all underground stations which also provides some diversity to the routes. Below are some photos of the terminus station of Bilbao Abando where all the routes begin.
    abando-1.jpg Bilbao Abando Station IMG_3062.jpg Bilbao Abando Station

Also, in terms of rolling stock in the routes, all the routes use the UT class 446 electric multiple units as traction. 446-2.jpg UT 446 EMU

Finally, along the C3 route runs the intercity line between Bilbao other cities in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Burgos). These intercity express services use the Renfe Class 120/121 Alvia as their traction (most of the time). One could travel from Bilbao up until Orduna since the entirety of these routes would not be included. These express are often non-stop, but some do call at Llodio. 120-1.jpg
    Renfe Class 120 Alvia

Overall I think it's time for DTG to go a different route with their route selection instead of the usual America-Britain-Germany. I think Spain would be a great place to start with trying to break away from the usual locations. I am suggesting the Renfe Cercanias Bilbao lines because they are not too long and provide a wide variety of services, landscape, and stops to make the perfect route for TSW. I know that they will probably never do this route, but I am just putting my opinion in that they need to diversify a bit and consider other non-orthodox routes to make for Train Sim World, this is just a suggestion after all. However, Dovetail do have their priorities and probably already have their next 2 routes set in stone and in development so I don't expect anything like this for a long time. Please let me know what you think of my suggestion and this route down below. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Spain indeed has some beautiful countryside that I would like to see modeled in this game. Good suggestion!

• Like Like x 1