PlayStation Route-lengths

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the details of the route lengths in TSW are all incorrect.

On the one hand, the information in TSW2020 and TSW2 differ significantly from each other and I cannot see which scheme they were used to calculate. Something has to be added or multiplied here. Only the information from the TSW fandom seem plausible, even if I don't know where they got their data from. The conversion from mi to km doesn't seem to be the problem either.

To name just one example of GWE:
    TSW2020 - 941.95 mi
    TSW2 - 148.82 mi
    Fandom - 36 mi

I don't know how these numbers come about and they are not important for gameplay either. But if you give this information, it should also be correct. Or are the tonnages, train length, etc. not right either?

The reason is that I wanted to compare the length of all routes with each other. And it's kind of weird and embarrassing when you can't trust the simulation here and have to consult external sources ...

https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/Great_Western_Express

Do any of you have any idea how these numbers come about? DTG probably doesn't know either, even if they happily indicate this information in the simulation.

2. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Where are you looking for the route lengths in game? Those numbers look like your total mileage on the route in question to me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

GWE is 36 miles.
    Maybe the other figures relate to average miles driven per player.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

You guys are right! :)

The information corresponds to the distances traveled! It is named that way, but that struck me as a bit contradictory.

Because I'm now on the road with the third profile, because my first in TSW2020 had a crash, and shortly after the second TSW2 came. In this context, this information is of course very different and also plausible!

But I miss some of the information in the game, you have to put together any overview yourself and that's how I stumbled upon this. But the indication of the distance traveled is definitely a great feature!

Ok, I just got it wrong! :cool:

• Like Like x 1