Train Sim World 3 (route Map) Change Signal Indicators To Semicircles To Indicate Signal Direction.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lordbean, Mar 25, 2023.

1. lordbean

lordbean Member

This would make signals a lot easier to interpret when using the route map, particularly when there are signals for both directions in the same place.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The map needs a complete overhaul, including the signals and which direction they're facing

• Like Like x 2
  3. lordbean

lordbean Member

Can't really disagree with that. The signals showing an indication of direction is just the thing I'd most like to see - but the whole route map system is definitely way too basic.

4. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

and we should be able to see the exact location of where we’re placing trains in scenario planner rather than it just saying ‘track b in this area’ which can be really confusing in scenario planner.

5. ARuscoe

Scenario planner needs an overhaul too, but that's a much more complex issue as people will want all sorts of flexibility

• Like Like x 1
  6. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

In my opinion they should add some small arrows next to the track on the route map that show which way your train will go over points or they can have some translucent arrows next to the points not on the map showing which way your train will go.

7. ARuscoe

I don't see points as an issue generally because the map will always start at your train and your required route is always lighter than the surrounding, so as long as the points are set so that you go from light blue TO light blue you're fine
    Signals being a red circle don't show whether they affect you or not

8. theBrummieTSWDriver

theBrummieTSWDriver Active Member

I still want the implementation of station names to be displayed on the in game route map and the scenario planner route map.
    As for the signaling, I agree with ARuscoe on this.