Route Proposal: Pardubice - Zábřeh Na Moravě

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tomas9970, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

The corridor from Prague to Ostrava is probably the most well known and recognizable Czech route, but since it's about 380 km long, we can't have the whole thing.
    I have picked a 99 km long segment that runs from Pardubice to Zábřeh na Moravě, because it has several interesting places and also because this part is my personal favourite.
    Pernerova dráha.jpg
    It also has a good variety of layouts. First part that runs from Pardubice to Choceň (not sure why it isn't displayed on the map but it's right at that branch from Vysoké Mýto) is mostly flat with 160 km/h speed limit.
    bez názvu.png
    The second part that runs from Choceň to Ústí nad Orlicí is a lot more curvy with top speeds from 80 to 85 km/h.
    51be3f19c9ae6cc6d7bb5e656324ace6.jpg The third part is again high speed with the top speed mostly going from 110 to 160 km/h, but unlike the first part, it has a lot of bridges and tunnels to straighten the track.
    050843.jpg
    Train operations can be quite interesting thanks to a major track splitting and a loop in Česká Třebová that allows freight trains to turn around, several possible branch lines, two major freight yards and three different speed limits for various trains(more on that later). There are also 4 stops for Intercity and Eurocity trains and 22 smaller stops for full stop and limited stop trains, which gives this route a total of 26 stations and stops. It takes about 1 hour to get from one end to the other.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Tomas9970

First engine that would go really well with the route is the ČD 151. It's a result of a modernization from the ČD 150, which increased it's to speed from 120 to 160 km/h and added some extra features like an anti slip protection. It's mostly used on Intercity and Eurocity trains. Just a personal wish, please include the yellow and green paintjob alongside with the modern blue one because it's linked to this engine like nothing else. 32842720173_85fee9728f_b.jpg
    Another well known engine that can be used for both passanger and freight services is the ČD 163. It could come with it's dual mode variant called ČD 363 to make the traffic a lot more realistic. It uses ČD 50-54 coaches and a cabcar in passanger services.
    163945.jpg cz_5054_8030_00_0003.jpg
    The third engine, and probably a DLC one since there are three driving cabs already, should be the ČD 181. It has six axles which means that it has special speed limits. It was designed to haul heavy freight trains. It's also a capable shunter and a banking locomotive. With it's top speed of 90 km/h, it's a bit on the slow side of things but that doesn't really matter.
    1483978924_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Krzysztof Paziewski

Krzysztof Paziewski New Member

I think it is very balanced and interesting suggestion.
    Line is well known, have various sections with different layout and speed.
    And proposed list of locos is representative for her.

4. Interesting suggestion

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Well never mind, looks like I found it! I really like this suggestion actually, it's the right length, the right amount of driving cabs and has diverse traffic, all with a really nice and unique to TSW Czech railroading feel to it

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tomas9970

Actually this proposal was non existent when I wrote that "zero attention" thing. I was talking about this one which I think is a noticably worse route proposal.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020