Route Suggestion: Symington Yard

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TSW204, Dec 12, 2017.

1. TSW204

TSW204 New Member

Put into service in 1962, CN's Symington hump yard is one of the largest classification yards in North America with the ability to store 7000 cars, and handle 3000 per day. Symington yard also has a large intermodal facility, and a locomotive repair center. On the south side of the yard, is the Sprague sub. Spanning 145 miles between Rainy River Ontario, and Winnipeg Manitoba, you can see lots of forest,and farm fields. Leaving the yard heading north, you will first cross the St. Boniface lead, with rail access to local industries, then the GWWD before reaching Beach Junction. Beach Junction handles the majority of train traffic in western Canada, as it is the meeting point between the Sprague, Rivers, and Redditt subdivisions. There is also a lead to the CEMR Pine Falls sub. Fort Rouge yard can be found to the west, on the east end of Portage Junction, which is access to CN's Letellier sub (southbound) and Rivers sub (westbound). Rivers sub has lots of double track, and is mostly on flat, prairie ground. To the east of beach junction is the Transcona yard. East of the Transcona yard is the Redditt sub. In it's 244 miles between Winnipeg and Sioux Lookout Ontario, the Redditt sub transitions from the prairies, to the Canadian shield. With vast coniferous forests, rock cuts, and more lakes than you can shake a stick at, this is truly a beautiful place to go to work.

I understand that game restrictions will not allow for 3 yards and 6 subdivisions to be included, but just the Symington hump yard alone would create hours of challenging gameplay, and I know that there are many fans waiting to see some new paint schemes in the game.

I don't know how to post pictures on forums, so I have added an imgur link, and google earth can provide some interesting views of the area.

https://imgur.com/a/bxbFE

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017