Routes In Japan

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nox, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Nox

Nox Member

I'd love to see some routes in Japan.
    shin.jpg
    Of course, there are the Shinkansen HSTs, but also conventional lines in and out of Tokyo, that would be interesting to see. Tokyo to the North Aomori is one idea, or another idea Tokyo to the West, Kyoto or further. 01_A.jpg
    d660eb7e9d25d761b126f69f95b655c6.jpg

The route would come with the Shinkansen, a slower locomotive and a freight locomotive, much as the GWE pack has the same variety (high speed, standard, freight)

2019_02.jpg
    DSC06202.jpg

(As an extra, there is also a monorail from Haneda airport into Tokyo)

• Like Like x 10
  2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

We'd love to explore japan in TSW eventually, so we won't rule out the possibility of it appearing one day!

Thanks for your suggestion

- Jay

• Like Like x 5
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Would be great to see Japanese routes in Train Sim World maybe the Chuo or San'yo main lines.

4. cbwriter

cbwriter New Member

There are loads of great trains, locos, and routes in Japan. From Hokkaido to Okinawa, Japan has more varied and unusual trains than just about anywhere. From the smallest branch line or tram to the shinkansen, from subways to tourist trains, from locals to expresses, Japan has more varied trains than any place I've seen. Watch a few episodes of the following: Japan Railway Journal https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/japanrailway/2049041/ and Train Cruise https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/traincruise/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nox

Nox Member

Thanks for sharing those links! I'm going to Japan in January '18 (one of those once in a lifetime opportunities) and will be taking quite a few different trains while I'm there.

6. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

To have a Japanese route available for TSW would be great. I am still with TS2017 (with a bunch a route packs that'll keep me busy for a while), but a Japanese route might be just the thing that'd push me to get TSW as well. I've been living in Japan for close to ten years now, and I can tell you that trains are immensely popular hobby in Japan. As mentioned in messages above, there is a near-endless supply of interesting train/route options.
    Nox, which part(s) of Japan you'll be visiting, if I may ask? I may be able you help and give some tips if you have any questions.

7. Nox

Nox Member

EchoKilo I've got (a measly!) four full days in Tokyo. We're staying quite near the Skytree. We've not planned the itinerary yet (we're going to Shinjuku one evening, that's pretty much all we decided so far) - I'd love to hear any suggestions, especially for places we can visit outside Tokyo that won't take more than a day! Please send me a PM so we don't take over the thread. Thanks!

8. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

We hope you'll share all your photos and experience with us here when you get back!

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1